Gym Ettiqute - Language Included

Options
SGM_Adonis
SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
Every gym I know of, has posted rules. Wipe down the bench you just used, no cell phone usage, limit use to your machine to X # of minutes, etc.

The other day I witnessed a guy that was "super setting." I saw that he hogged up four different stations because he was "super setting." A couple of ladies were trying to use the hack squat machine, he yells at them, "I'm super setting." They scratched their heads and proceeded to unload the 45lb plates off the machine.

So people...super setting is when some bros think it's okay to hog up every piece of equipment in the gym and then run from station to station trying to kill their muscles. You're welcome, you are now smarter.

Replies

• KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna super eff them up if they try that on me. #AngerProblems
  • Operation_Shred
    Options
    What about the old lady who was reading a book on her kindle while just sitting on the leg press?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    What about the old lady who was reading a book on her kindle while just sitting on the leg press?

I'M NOT OLD
  • ReginaldBrontosaurus
    ReginaldBrontosaurus Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    What about the person that doesn't step back from the dumbell rack far enough before they start the exercise, so you have to wait until they're done to get the dumbells you need.
  • Operation_Shred
    Options

I'M NOT OLD

GET BACK IN THE BASEMENT :mad: :mad:
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options

I'M NOT OLD

And I wasn't reading. I was watching the Bachelor on my iPad. Geesh.
  • Operation_Shred
    Options
    Then there's the dude who hogs my mirror space while I'm mirin.

Back off, bro... you don't even lift 25s.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    What is it called when a lady shows up in wedge heels and a skirt then talks on her bluetooth while working out?
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options
    What about the person that doesn't step back from the dumbell rack far enough before they start the exercise, so you have to wait until they're done to get the dumbells you need.

I'll wait once. If they insist on standing directly in front of MY DB's, they better have a very limited personal space radius.
  • ReginaldBrontosaurus
    ReginaldBrontosaurus Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    What is it called when a lady shows up in wedge heels and a skirt then talks on her bluetooth while working out?

A strip club
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options

It's called a jerk snatch.
  • Operation_Shred
    Options

It's called a jerk snatch.

*sniff sniff* ... that isn't sweat I smell
  • 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
    Options
    No issue with equipment at my gym but a real issue is these kids on gear always looking for trouble.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    At 4:50 a.m., I own that gym! I can do whatever I want
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    What's the proper course of action when otherwise seemingly polite soccer moms stanky-sweat all over machines and then "forget" clean them when they're finished?
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options
    What's the proper course of action when otherwise seemingly polite soccer moms stanky-sweat all over machines and then "forget" clean them when they're finished?

Crop dusting.
  • 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
    Options

How do you manage to wake up that early? I tried that once and fell asleep in the parking lot while waiting for my gym buddy.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

At all times, I own my gym and do whatever I want!

It's in my basement. Ain't no way in haaaayyyyl I'm getting up that early.
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options

At all times, I own my gym and do whatever I want!

It's in my basement. Ain't no way in haaaayyyyl I'm getting up that early.

I love watching people too much, could never do the home gym deal.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options

How do you manage to wake up that early? I tried that once and fell asleep in the parking lot while waiting for my gym buddy.
    It's just the daily routine. Used to it.