I ran/jogged outside (kinda) for the 1st time in 30 years!

Options
2»

Replies

• littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! And you were totally running! It might have been in spurts but it was still running. Give yourself credit because you deserve it. :)
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! And you were totally running! It might have been in spurts but it was still running. Give yourself credit because you deserve it. :)

Ya know what...I agree, I was running and it was in spurts and it was pretty exhilarating too:love: Thanks for posting--I'm headed out shortly for another walk and I'll try this again today. I can also say that the "spurt" running definitely made the walk more exciting for sure!
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It's definitely an achievement and you definitely did run! Congrats!
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!! Well done!!! Keep at it & you'll soon see the results!
  • Fitness_110
    Fitness_110 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is such a great achievement and I'm sure you felt really proud to be able to say that you did it! Keep it up and I'm sure you'll be performing other amazing things in no time! :)
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    you are my SHERO !!! I can't wait for the weather to get warmer...i will start C25K ...i love it !!! i usually do the program and then add on another hour or so...intervals...you will do great...just start slow and go for it !!! NEVER GIVE UP ON YOURSELF !!!
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    So, tell me (if you don't mind) how old are you? The reason I ask is that I feel I am too old (59) to run although I really want to try - just have this fear that I'm going to blow out a knee or hip or something! I keep saying to myself - "maybe it will be safer when you lose a little more weight?"

I know you asked the lady who posted this thread this question, but i had to let you know that I will be 60 this year and started running/intervals. last year...I love it......you can do this !!! Good Luck !!!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Did your feet move faster than a walk? Then you were running! Congratulations! I just started jogging around Christmas '13. Yesterday, I did my first outdoor run of the year...5 miles. I never thought I'd be a "runner" It feels awesome. Happy running!
  • heatherluuu
    heatherluuu Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Thank again, so much for your replies--y'all are such wonderful and encouraging people! :flowerforyou:

Well...today was good news+bad news= very GOOD NEWS as far as my "running" is concerned. I walked for over almost an hour today and "ran" 8 times at 30-33 seconds each time (that's the GOOD news)...the bad news is, I wore one of my "cuter" newish jogging/workout outfits, so as to not look/feel so--ummm, clumsy/awkward/new to this--to try to look and feel cuter as I'm trying:noway: . This jogging outfit is super cute and I just got it about a month ago and it fit like a glove on me then. Well...as I was running--the pants were slipping off and I had to pull them up as I was running (talk about awkward, ugh--that's the bad news). Which equals GOOD NEWS, because a month ago, these pants fit perfectly and they still do when I'm walking--but running in them--not so much...super YAY! Of course just one day of "running" isn't what is making these pants fall off/down already, but that my IMB approach to getting down to size is working:drinker:

Also, as I neared the end of my walk...I did a "jog/spurt run for 45 seconds and I'm feeling great! I'm just hoping as the weight and pounds and ounces start falling off, I can get these pants altered, because I love this outfit:laugh:
  • mindygood
    mindygood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    "A journey of 1,000 miles begins with one small step".. you took that step CONGRATS!!! Not too long ago I started C25K and had NEVER run... this past Nov I competed in my first 15K. Ran all but about .5 miles of it.... You can do this... baby steps...
  • Bronwyn9
    Bronwyn9 Posts: 17
    Options
    Yay for you! I'm on week 6 of Couch 2 5K, and it's amazing to think that I couldn't run continuously for even a minute just a short while ago. The program works, and you WILL get stronger and you will love it! Something I keep in mind -- I read that if you can run more slowly, you're probably running too fast, so heed the advice to keep a slow pace. You'll work on speed later. Keep on keeping on! I'm 48 and never thought I could run, either. Just goes to show you -- don't believe everything you hear!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Yay for you! I'm on week 6 of Couch 2 5K, and it's amazing to think that I couldn't run continuously for even a minute just a short while ago. The program works, and you WILL get stronger and you will love it! Something I keep in mind -- I read that if you can run more slowly, you're probably running too fast, so heed the advice to keep a slow pace. You'll work on speed later. Keep on keeping on! I'm 48 and never thought I could run, either. Just goes to show you -- don't believe everything you hear!

This is EXCELLENT advice. Ya know, I saw many people running today and only a few that were running slowly and they looked not only super healthy, but running slowly...almost jogging--I didn't see them grunting and groaning like the others, but they were in SUPER GOOD shape and seemed to be "flying" rather than running for their lives. I like that! Thank you again for mentioning this...I'll keep it in mind!:flowerforyou:
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I think you have done a GREAT job! You can't judge yourself by someone standard's. If lifting 250 pounds are easy to someone, they're not the same for others. The point is to PUSH through fears and obstacles to be the best YOU can. And I think with that you showed the WILL to do that, and your body responded. Way to go great job, and keep it up please :smile: :drinker:
  • kimsveinson
    kimsveinson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Every time you run remember you are outrunning everyone on the couch.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!