New to the Community and Trying to Lose 219 lbs

Options
I have been a member of myfitnesspal for awhile now but this is the first time I have posted in the community. I have tried reaching my goal of weighing 185 lbs alone in the past and I have not made it. I am praying that if I can find a group and a community basis I might be able to archive my weight-lose goal. My fitness goal is to be able to weight-lift 350 lbs (for personal reasons), be able to swim labs non-stop for one hour, and run a mile in under five minutes.

And, if I can I would also like to give support to others in their personal weight-lose and fitness goals.

Replies

• 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
    Options
    Welcome to the site and congrats on taking the first step in becoming a healthier you =)
  • laurenshaw6
    Options
    I am new too. Its great to have goals, my mother always stresses on setting goals. So you have long term goals, great, try to come up with some short term goals too. My main goal is to get back to pre pregnancy weight of 245, which is still over weight but at least i know that it is possible. My goal for this week is, use stairs at work and so far im making my goal. I have to do this, for my child, i can not be the mom the kids on the school bus make fun of. I wont be. Dont quit, easier said then done i know, but take it one day at a time. So today, i have to eat right and be active, worry about tomorrow tomorrow. If you feel like your not going make it, reach out, ok. Good luck. I need to listen to myself jeez tony Robbins in this piece
  • Susie_1
    Susie_1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, you will find lots of really friendly people here and loads of helpful links, posts and comments, I log on every day and am here for the long haul as I have to lose another 90plus lbs so if you want to add me please feel free, will help, support, motivate or just listen.

Good luck x
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Do a message board post search or group search for losing over 100 pounds, and you should find some.
  • flyygirl802
    flyygirl802 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I recently joined as well, You will definitely find a warm community and friends to support you on here.
  • frozenjars
    Options
    I'm also new here and looking to (eventually) lose a great amount of weight. I'm just taking it slow and steady at the moment but I find having short term goals and a lot of support goes a long way.
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I too joined awhile ago but even though I had some success I stopped using the site. This time I am being more interactive and no longer resent counting calories. With well over 100lbs to lose to reach my goal weight of 180 I would love some fellow support.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats to you for taking the brave step into a healthier lifestyle!!

Secondly, you are welcome to add me(and anyone else!) I am on everyday and strive to encourage and motivate my friends!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Good luck , you can do this!!
  • Valereee
    Valereee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. There is a group here called "Heavy Weights" for people who have 200 plus pounds to lose. I'm a member, but unfortunately the group is not active. Let's help get it going! I'm twice your age, but feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like.
  • StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am also in the process of losing 200+ pounds. Been here a month and I love it. Feel free to add me :) I'm not perfect, my diary is far from perfect but I'm working on it.