Extremly low energy....need advice

TennVolsGal
TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey MFP pals have seriously low energy anyone have any advice? Thinking about trying Zantrex 3 anyone tried it....if so please tell me how it went.

If it would help check out my diary to see if that is causing low energy....willing to try anything herbs, home remedies, anything!

Thanks a bunch!!

Replies

• Get your iron checked through a blood test from your Dr. I had the same problem, all I had to do was take O.T.C iron pills twice a day for 6 weeks and it was back up and I am feeling great. Make sure you take 2 TBSP of Chia seeds every day as well to avoid constipation from the pills. Hope that helps :)
  • i take a B-Complex vitamin to help with that and if its really bad i.e. T-O-M i pop a Midol Complete. But nothing really gets you energized than getting up and moving. Maybe get up and stretch and take a quick walk or something. IDK see if that helps.
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    I am so not one to talk because my food diary is very similiar, but you seem to have a lot of empty calories. Things like pizza, chips etc. drain your body of energy instead of adding to it. It looks like you are eating a lot on the run, which is hugely difficult I understand, but there are some decent options out there that will help you stay within your calories and not feel exhausted at the end of the day. I know the Campbell's chunky soups in the microwavable bowl are a huge life saver for me. A little high in sodium, but paired with a salad they make a good lunch/dinner .Bagged salads are a wonderful time saver and are worth the extra few dollars in our household! Instead of the sausages in the morning, what about oatmeal or a high fibre toast and some yogurt? You will have way more energy with that.

This is totally a learning experience for all of us so it will be a matter of trial and error to find what works for you.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Just my opinion, there are a lot of packaged and take out type foods that are high in not so good for you stuff. Once in a while is ok, but not every day or twice a day. Try to get some fresh vegies and fruits into your meals. Try to cut back on the carbs (breads and pasta) and increase the lean protein (meat and eggs). Try to cut down on the bottled beverages and go for lots more water. A good natural multi vitamin and a B complex would help with energy levels too. Leave the "diet" and "fat burner" pills alone.

Good Luck!
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Thanks a bunch for the advice will try to follow everyone's recommendations!
This discussion has been closed.