Really upset/sad

Options
2»

Replies

• nikky731
    nikky731 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    {{hugs}}

Go to Target and buy 2 pairs of jeans. One in your current size, and one in a size smaller. Hang the smaller size in your bedroom so you can see it every morning when you wake up.
    Then go through as many of the success pages on this site that you can. It is truly inspirational to see how people can turn it around and get fit. It's amazing how people can transform themselves; physically and emotionally. Make friends with the ones that inspire you so you can learn from them how to lose weight.
    You can do this. :o)
    You just need that little push to start making changes today.
    Use the experience that you had today to point you in the right direction. Before you know it, you will have a new profile picture, one of you that is a bit smaller and mostly likely smiling.

Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • bethanycopley1980
    bethanycopley1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This morning, I woke up and am feeling a little better. No one made any mean comments, but I *felt* like I was back in school...you know that terrible stomach sinking feeling you get when you've just been really embarrassed in front of the whole school? That was it.

Like I said...no one said anything, thank god. Thank you for all the awesome posts and stories....it made me feel better last night. You guys are right....I need to see this as a learning opportunity, not a terrible thing.

My fiance told me I should go in singing Spongebob Squarepants' Ripped My Pants song lol
  • roniredd
    roniredd Posts: 48
    Options
    Go get some inexpensive, new jeans that fit you and that you look and feel good in ... and rock 'em. Wear 'em till you drop the weight. Might as well feel as good as you can about yourself throughout the process!
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    At least you were wearing underwear, right? Right?

Here are some choice gifs to make you feel better/laugh:
    tumblr_mtjy3x2uOB1sj3oxho1_500.gif
    tumblr_mtrfolvh8z1sj3oxho1_500.gif
    tumblr_mtu65xTKt11sj3oxho1_400.gif
    tumblr_n1s5xjJ9CF1sj3oxho1_250.gif

I love you so much for posting 2 of my favs in one post (RD, Jr & TH).

OP - glad this morning is better!!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I bought the cheapest jeans I could find at Walmart when my pants all stopped fitting. I cried when I saw the size on them, but I felt so much better having clothes that actually fit my body!!!! I wore the same jeans and pair of slacks for months.

After a year of counting calories and being more active (little things...walking. Couch-to-5k. Workout dvds), I pulled those jeans out of my closet last night to give away. Take this moment, and use it as your motivation to move forward. When you feel like giving up, think about how little effort it really is to eat better and be more active, when you compare it to how rotten you felt when your pants ripped.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Go get some inexpensive, new jeans that fit you and that you look and feel good in ... and rock 'em. Wear 'em till you drop the weight. Might as well feel as good as you can about yourself throughout the process!

BEST ADVICE EVER! Don't beat yourself up... this might be a good thing! There are some really nice styles out there that will look great now and even better as you work toward your goal!
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    This morning, I woke up and am feeling a little better. No one made any mean comments, but I *felt* like I was back in school...you know that terrible stomach sinking feeling you get when you've just been really embarrassed in front of the whole school? That was it.

Like I said...no one said anything, thank god. Thank you for all the awesome posts and stories....it made me feel better last night. You guys are right....I need to see this as a learning opportunity, not a terrible thing.

My fiance told me I should go in singing Spongebob Squarepants' Ripped My Pants song lol
    I know we all tend to focus on the physical transformation that occurs but there is also an emotional transformation that occurs when you are losing weight. You start to realize that you can accomplish hurdles that you never thought possible. OP..that bravery you showed will get you far in your journey. It must have been tough to go back to work but you did it! :flowerforyou:
  • will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Love this...it shows your fiance supports you with a sense of humor! Glad you are having a better day!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    It is ok

I have had pants split too

Calm down and go back to work

Do not let emotions intefere with your job
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Too sexy for your pants? :wink: Glad you are feeling better, I probably would have cried in front of everyone thankfully you were able to hold it together long enough to get your keys and get on some new pants.