Apps and finger food for adult birthday?

Options
sillyvalentine
sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
Hey all! I am throwing a birthday party for my husband (38). I want to make a table full of snacks and apps that preferably don't need to stay warm.

I've got crockpot meatballs, chicken stuffed crescent rolls, bacon deviled eggs, fruit and veggie platters and dips. I'm sure there will be chips. I am making a cake, or maybe cupcakes. I need more stuff to fill a large table.

What are your favorite appetizers and finger foods that would be good for a party and not HAVE to stay warm?

Thanks!

Replies

• ndriedger
    ndriedger Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oysters drizzled with balsamic vinager and a sprinkle of salt. So yummy!
  • sillyvalentine
    Options
    Oysters drizzled with balsamic vinager and a sprinkle of salt. So yummy!

Not sure these rednecks would appreciate or even try an oyster lol but I appreciate the suggestion
  • ndriedger
    ndriedger Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped scallops and spinach dip. Shrimp is a healthy one...
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Guacamole and chips
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    We always have cheese and sausage plate with different kinds of crackers. Olives and different pickles are also good
  • ghafer
    ghafer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Antipasto salad plate with plenty of veggies, hummus with triscuit or whole grain crackers, individual plastic cups with ranch in the bottom and raw veggies sliced and standing up on top of the dressing(eliminates many double dipping) guacamole, black bean/ canned tomato/rotel/corn and green onion 'dip' with tortilla chps
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon wrapped around a cream cheese filling
    Cream cheese stuffed tomatoes
    Small sweet peppers filled with chilli
    Olives in pesto
    Slices of salami, chorizo and prosciutto ham.
    Selection of cheeses
    Quiche
    Goats cheese and caramelised onion tartlets
    Crusty bread
    Mini meringues topped with cream/yoghurt and fruit
    Bruschetta
    Chicken and vegetable skewers
    Pasta salad
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    apps i usually have out when people are over - spinach artichoke stuffed mushrooms, veggies with greek yogurt dip seasoned with ranch, mixed fruit with a honey greek yogurt dip, tortilla chips with guac and salsa, potato chips with dip, cinnamon pita chips with cannoli dip. shrimp and coctail sauce, pigs in a blanket? skinnytaste.com has some good recipes
  • buffyangel2000
    buffyangel2000 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My fave is a app called veggie bars made with pillsbury crescent rolls, the only thing that needs to be cooked is the crescent rolls.
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    When I read "apps" I imagined a serving plate piled with smartphones that have angry birds on them.
  • bbasinge
    bbasinge Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bite sized caprese: Start with cherry tomatoes. Use a small spoon to scoop out the liquidy inside. Pop a basil leaf and a chunk of mozerella (sometimes you can find mozerella that comes in convenient ball shapes) inside. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Stick toothpicks in them so people can pick them up.
  • Jadichick
    Jadichick Posts: 13
    Options
    Hiya !

A few suggestions...... Pizza fingers, scotch eggs, cheese straws, pasta salad, potato salad, coleslaw , pastry cheese puffs, ( these are ; triangles of ruff puff pastry with cheese inside, you can buy ready made pastry) , vegetable puffs, sausage rolls, different types of quiches, olive and cheese pieces on sticks, falafel balls accompanied by humous, salad, and pitta bread, tahini too if poss, Greek yoghurt with garlic and grated cucumber dip, mozzarella and tomato and avocado salad ( drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar , and sea salt and fresh basil leaves sprinkled on top . Also dunno if your friends like Samosas !
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Onion (California) Dip

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 1/2 cups diced onions
    1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1 1/2 cups sour cream
    3/4 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions:

In a saute pan over medium heat add oil, heat and add onions and salt.
    Cook the onions until they are caramelized, about 40 minutes. Remove
    from heat and set aside to cool. Mix the rest of the ingredients, and then
    add the cooled onions. Refrigerate and stir again before serving.

Alton Brown says the onions take 20 mins. but it took me closer to 45
    to get them nice and golden! You want to keep them soft, not crispy!
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Taco Cupcakes

1 lb ground beef
    2 TBSP No salt homemade taco seasoning.
    1 Can Goya black beans, drained.
    9 Ounces Cacique quesadilla cheese shredded.
    36 wonton wrappers.
    72 Sliced black olives.
    Extra virgin olive oil.

Preheat oven to 375.

Brown the meat in a skillet and drain off fat. Return the meat to the skillet, add the taco seasoning, and a little water. Mix and simmer for 5 minutes, until water is absorbed.

Wipe 18 regular muffin pan cups with olive oil. Place two wonton wrappers in each muffin cup,
    star shaped. (offset) Divide the taco meat between muffin cups. Add black beans (1 tbsp per).
    Then add black olives. (4 slices per cupcake) Sprinkle cheese (1/2 oz) over the cupcakes.
    Bake at 375 for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Top with your favorite taco toppings.

Makes 18 cupcakes

Note, you really don't have to put anything on them. I'ved used shredded Swiss, and they
    still come out great! I've been known to eat one right out of the fridge. Even if they cool
    down, they still tatse good! But I doubt they'll last..... :tongue:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Wrap of your choice
    Refried beans of your choice (regular, vegetarian, black, etc.)
    Cream Cheese
    Fresh Cilantro
    Chili Powder

Spread cream cheese on wrap. Then spread the beans. Sprinkle with chili powder. Top with chopped fresh cilantro. Roll and then slice into circles.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped, cheddar stuffed jalapeno peppers. Mmm
  • sillyvalentine
    Options
    We always have cheese and sausage plate with different kinds of crackers. Olives and different pickles are also good

This sounds great! Thanks. And I love your mutts. I have a Shepherd too.
  • sillyvalentine
    Options
    Hiya !

A few suggestions...... Pizza fingers, scotch eggs, cheese straws, pasta salad, potato salad, coleslaw , pastry cheese puffs, ( these are ; triangles of ruff puff pastry with cheese inside, you can buy ready made pastry) , vegetable puffs, sausage rolls, different types of quiches, olive and cheese pieces on sticks, falafel balls accompanied by humous, salad, and pitta bread, tahini too if poss, Greek yoghurt with garlic and grated cucumber dip, mozzarella and tomato and avocado salad ( drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar , and sea salt and fresh basil leaves sprinkled on top . Also dunno if your friends like Samosas !

mmm potato salad, forgot about that.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Marinated mushrooms (sauté whole mushrooms with thyme and sherry)

Prosciutto wrapped steamed asparagus

Cucumber sushi snacks:
    Top cucumber rounds with mashed avocado, then shrimp, fake crab, roe, or smoked salmon. Sprinkle with soy sauce, and sesame seeds. Drizzle with sesame oil and a bit of honey. Other options are to dot with siracha or sprinkle with ponzu. You could even get wasa be to serve. You could make some vegetarian ones topped with a slice of radish instead of fish.
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love making mini raspberry and marshmallow skewers. I'll put 2 or 3 raspberries on a cocktail stick with a giant marshmallow I cut in half separating them and then drizzle over a little chocolate. They're cheap, look great and are only about 60 calories a pop :)