TDEE and calorie counting help.

Options
Hi, I hate to be one of those people but I have a few questions. I'm sure I could find the answers somewhere but I've tried and tried to no avail.

I'm 25, 171cms (5 feet 6') and around 88kg (194 pounds) (my weight fluctuates wildly between 85-89kg).
I get confused by how much I am supposed to eat. My TDEE is 2675 calories and I have been told that you should eat at a 500 calorie deficient which would bring me to 2175 calories. But then, people here say that if you exercise, and I do, a lot, that you should eat your calories back? When I first started using MFP it said that I ought to eat around 1800, which I did, and I never saw ay results, thus I never really kept up with calorie counting.

I've lost around 20kg all up so far but it's taken quite a while and I still have around another 20 kg to go. I've been clean eating for a while but I seem to have stalled quite badly (and my weight fluctuates massively, it never did that while I wasn't clean eating, but still eating better than I obviously had been).
I exercise way more than I ever have done, and I've been noticing that I am getting better, able to go longer etc, but sill, I'm stuck between 85-89kg.

I have an appointment with a dietitian next week. Should I wait to see what they say or should I go and buy scales today and start really calorie counting?

Replies

• CampbellTony
    CampbellTony Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Deffo get the scales. Be OCD about weighing and logging. You can either eat back your exercise cals, or not. Its up to you. If you don't, at least stay above your BMR. If you are working out, make sure you get plenty of protein. Stick to a calorie deficit, give your body time to adjust to any changes you make and you WILL lose weight. Good luck to you.
  • Mr_AH
    Mr_AH Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks.