Trying to get some friends on here :)

Options
Hi there,

So, I just calculated my BMI today and I'm apparently 1 kg over my normal weight. :( Really upset. I am 178 (5' 8'') cm and I weigh 76 kg today. I have the best opportunity ever to lose weight - I work at a magazine and we have a sponsorship opportunity where I would be able to go to a gym for free (completely terrifiying as I am the least sporty person ever).

I used to be so so skinny. I weighed 50 kg at my current height. Then, I was diagnosed with depression/borderline personality disorder. I also had acne. So basically I started taking 3 kinds of pills - contraceptives (to help my skin), anti depressants, and anti psychotics (boy, don't I pant a charming picture). All this + un unhealthy lifestyle led me to gain over 20 kg.

I've stopped taking anti depressants now and take a quarter of Abilify as well as some contraception (just changed it recently, so hopefully that will help).

I NEED to get fit, because I am in terrible condition, I literally can't walk a mile, let alone run one. I feel terrible, and I can't even stand to look at myself in the mirror. I weigh the most I ever have.

Basically, if there's anyone who'd like to talk or something like that, I would love to meet you. :) Oh, I'm 22, by the way.

-Z.

Replies

• WampBreh
    WampBreh Posts: 15
    Options
    Yeah I can help you or chat if you like. Meeting up is doubtful though.

Don't be so down on yourself though - you can achieve your goals if you set your mind to it!
  • mondriantree
    mondriantree Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I know your pain about the medications messing with your metabolism/weight- I'm on quite a few myself for depression, hypothyroidism, ADHD and acid reflux.

I'm 23, but I'm currently at 212 (down three pounds from 215 my highest weight ever). My problem is just overeating and a bad habit of picking junk food- I actually work out quite a bit. Maybe we could balance each other out haha.

I hated working out too until I found the RIGHT workout. I love jazzercise and dancing up a sweat. Hopefully you can find something you love while you have your gym sponsorship.

Emily
  • bhumikabhakta7
    Options
    Hey, im 50 pounds over wight im a junior in high school and i just started it hard im 170 please any advice im a vegan.
  • nothinfancyreally
    Options
    Hey, everyone! :) Great to hear from you all. As far as 'meeting up' goes, I meant talking online haha, I'm from this godforsaken country none of you have probably even heard of. :P

To the last poster - if you're vegan, there are so many recipes to try. I love making raw bites with dates, nuts & dark cocoa powder. I can give you a recipe if you want! :)