Logging water

Options
I drink copious amounts of water everyday. It's my favorite drink. But I don't know how much I am drinking, so I never know how to log it. Any suggestions?

Replies

• djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you have a glass of water, that's 1 glass, then, after each glass, count them, then, at the end of the day, if you've kept count correctly, you will have the total amount of glasses of water you've drank :D

just fyi and in case you need it, here is a little table for you to work with

Hope this helps my friend :P good luck on your counting :D hehe
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I have this really big thermos, that i have no idea how much water it holds. I go thru a few of these every day.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Use a measuring cup to fill it up and keep track of how many cups of water are in there.
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    Use a measuring cup, fill it up and keep track of how many cups of water are in there.

Yep.

I have a glass at home that holds 16oz. Easy to keep track that way.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I dont log water much anymore.
    BUT just spend 2 minuits one day with a measuing cup, and fill your thermos, then you will know how many ounces are in it. Divide by 8 and thats how many cups of water you drink per thermos. Then you will know exactly how much water you are drinking a day, by how many times you had to refill your thermos.
  • SandieM7
    SandieM7 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Why not take a measuring cup and see how much it takes to fill the thermos. If it takes 16 oz you know you've had 2 glasses of water, etc. Keep a tally of how many times you fill the thermos and multiply it by the number of cups the thermos holds. Pretty easy.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Use a measuring cup, fill it up and keep track of how many cups of water are in there.

Yep.

I have a glass at home that holds 16oz. Easy to keep track that way.

Yep. Mine holds 32 oz
  • TingoAcias
    Options
    If you're obviously drinking enough, why do you need to log it? I'm pretty sure that meter is there for people for whom getting 8 glasses is problem.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Check the bottom & see if it says how many ounces it holds. If not, fill it up using a measuring cup & keep track of how many cups it is.

Also, it's common knowledge but just in case: Each cup or "glass" of water is 8oz. So if it's a 16 oz thermos, that would be 2 cups of water; a 32 oz thermos would be 4 cups, etc. If it was a 32 oz thermos & you drink two of them a day, then you would have reached MFP's 8 cup goal.
  • BigVeggieDream
    Options
    How many cups equal 8 oz. ?
  • BigVeggieDream
    Options
    Check the bottom & see if it says how many ounces it holds. If not, fill it up using a measuring cup & keep track of how many cups it is.

Yeah, I tried that and it's not labeled. Though you answered my question as I was posting it (about ozs per cup).
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    1, or about 250 ml
    Just stay hydrated. The 8 glasses thing is a myth.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    A 41yo male from PA doesn't know how many oz in a cup?

What is the world coming to???
  • BigVeggieDream
    Options
    Okay, I did what was suggested and it has 8 cups in it, so I guess I drink 16-24 cups a day.
  • BigVeggieDream
    Options
    A 41yo male from PA doesn't know how many oz in a cup?

What is the world coming to???

I know 1 liter is 2 pounds, but i've never been told how many oz are in a cup.
  • itsnojokeanymore
    Options
    i count pints or 20 fluid ounces
  • itsnojokeanymore
    Options
    i count one pint as a glass, some people say one coffee mug, some half a pint. i totally get it. its confusing. 250ml is a glass but i dont have any glasses with the marker. tip, get a glass, measure in a measuring cup of 250 then always use the same cup. maybe write it on a piece of paper. herbal tea is water too. but hey- just drink more water. good luck
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    i count one pint as a glass, some people say one coffee mug, some half a pint. i totally get it. its confusing. 250ml is a glass but i dont have any glasses with the marker. tip, get a glass, measure in a measuring cup of 250 then always use the same cup. maybe write it on a piece of paper. herbal tea is water too. but hey- just drink more water. good luck
    Is your urine clear or light straw coloured? You're probably hydrated. Are you thirsty? Work in a hot environment where you sweat a lot? exercise like a demon? You might want to drink a bit more especially if your urine is dark.