Plateau so I am back and in need of advice

Options
Giddyduck
Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
Good evening,
I have come and gone a few times as I met a few goals. I started my journey as a busy nursing student many moons ago, then again as nursing graduate student as I hit my heaviest weight at 5'7" and 197. Slowly, I have gotten down to 167-169. I have been stuck here since December. My goal weight is 150.

I exercise 5-6 days a week. 2 days is strength training, 2 days is kick boxing, one day is cardio (treadmill, bike, etc.) and one day is random (class on Fridays). I have been following this routine for 8 weeks. I did not lose any weight. I did lose significant inches (9 total inches to date). I do measurements every 4 weeks.

I am adding protein to 100-150 grams per day per the advice of my trainer who states that I cannot burn fat if my body doesn't have enough protein on board. Makes sense to me in theory. I usually do a protein shake after my workout.

I do log everything except my strength training because I have no idea what most of the exercises are called...My diet journal is open and you may see that I believe in moderation so I don't eat super clean (i.e. I do have chocolate).

Stuck in a plateau...advice?

Replies

• dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is not public so I can't help you there. I would say that since you are losing inches then your plan is successful whether or not you are losing pounds. Since you are lifting weights, consider the possibility that you maybe reach a goal size or level of physical fitness without getting down to 150 lbs. However, if you want to continue losing pounds you could lower your calories a bit (maybe by 50-100 cal per day) and make absolutely sure that you are diligent about weighing and logging everything.

Also, you can log your weight training session under cardio. It doesn't burn many calories in comparison to cardio, but it gets better results, IMO.