Craving

Options
I have been having a craving for an ice cream i saw on a DQ commercial for the past 3 days. I want it so bad but i'm not going to get it. The only thing is I'm worried that since I want that so bad I'll fall off the wagon and eat a bunch of junk wishing it was the ice cream.

Replies

• MaryKatU
    MaryKatU Posts: 146
    Options
    I have been having a craving for an ice cream i saw on a DQ commercial for the past 3 days. I want it so bad but i'm not going to get it. The only thing is I'm worried that since I want that so bad I'll fall off the wagon and eat a bunch of junk wishing it was the ice cream.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    When that happens to me and I just CAN NOT get it out of my head, I make a place for it in my day. I make it a special treat and make sure that I exercise like crazy or cut out a little bit of food so that I can get it. Maybe that's not the best way to do it, but sometimes, I just can't stop thinking about something and if I don't have it, there's no way I'll stop thinking about it.
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I went and got DQ myself yesterday, but just got a small twist cone..it didn't have that many calories and helped with the cravings! I say just go get one, but not an extra large blizzard or anything like that! haha..
  • mdcroft
    mdcroft Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    mmm i know what you mean, i absolutely love wendy's frosty's with the m&ms but they are something like 600 calories sooo i let myself order them occassionally, but i immediately dump half in the garbage. honestly, usually about 5 bites is satisfying. and you're right, better to indulge your craving than overeat crap!
  • vitaytony
    vitaytony Posts: 41
    Options
    I wanted ice cream a few days ago also, but i was at rite aid looking at all kinds of ice cream and saw they are all high in calories, so i finally said forget it im going just not have 1 . and i didnt but the next day i went to target and bought some push ups cuz there only 80 calories and i really wanted something sweet... and yeah so hope this helps for u as it helped me .
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    umm i don't know the numbers on dq's ice cream, but i think mcdonalds actually had really good ice cream and a small vanilla's only 150 cals. i'd rather give myself a lil to satisfy that craving than fall completely off the wagon later! haha :happy:
  • pauladavies86
    pauladavies86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    dreyer's slow churned ice cream is REALLY good and 1/3 less calories than regular ice cream! I always have some on hand because ice cream is one thing I cannot live without! :love: if you get the kind you scoop out just make sure you really watch the serving size so you don't overdo it! A little bit will squash that nasty craving and won't ruin your day. :wink: they also have some that come on a stick so it's already portioned out for you which is MUCH easier when your husband has like 6 servings of the other kind and you can only have one! :laugh:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Have ice cream, just have less than you would have had before, and do some research before you go to DQ so that you know what you will order.

Or order something like a small blizzard and share with a friend.

YUMMMM!
  • Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    Options
    I buy the no sugar added (or with Splenda) and sugar free caramel. It has some calories, but will satisfy your sweet tooth.
    Have ice cream, just have less than you would have had before, and do some research before you go to DQ so that you know what you will order.

Or order something like a small blizzard and share with a friend.

YUMMMM!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Edy's slow churned yogurt is yummy and I found no cal, no sugar, no fat, no anything caramel and marshmallow that you can put on it and voila! instant sundae!
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I was dreaming--DREAMING--about Denny's chicken fingers for about a week. So I went online, looked up the nutrition info, thought about it, went to Denny's, ordered it, put two of them on my husband's plate, and enjoyed the rest!

All I'm saying is, if the craving is still there, you should just figure out a way to work it into your day. I can't say I won't ever eat fried food again, or eat ice cream again, but if you can find a way to do it that doesn't make your day into a Britney Spears, then you should go for it!
  • Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    Options
    I had to laugh at this. I used to follow all the drama (she's from my town), and I even taught her 16 year old cousin and I gotta tell ya.........well....I guess I don't. Too Funny!
    but if you can find a way to do it that doesn't make your day into a Britney Spears, then you should go for it!
  • Liana25
    Liana25 Posts: 31
    Options
    Well, you can do one of two things splurge on a small one or don't watch TV. The ad people are evil :devil: they want us all to be overweight and unhealthy and to make them very rich in process...:tongue:
  • huskergal15
    huskergal15 Posts: 102
    Options
    Skinny Cow has the worlds best ice cream. You can get a chocolate waffle cone w/ fudge for only 150 calores and 3 grams of fiber. I won't even eat regular ice cream anymore!!!!
  • MaryKatU
    MaryKatU Posts: 146
    Options
    Okay. I gave in and had ice cream. I just couldn't get it out of my head. I only ate a little over 1/2 a serving which put me over 78 calories for the day. Oh well, it was good. Now I have to make sure I feed the rest to the kids tomorrow, so I don't eat anymore.
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Cravings are sooooo hard, but lots of times you can find something to substitute that, while you might resent the idea while making it, will totally knock out the craving after eating it.

For example: yesterday I was DYING DROOLING WHINING MMMMING over the Little Caesar's crazy bread I saw on TV. That buttery salty soft stuff is soooo incredible. My husband said he would make something "just like it" but healthier. I totally laughed at him and continued to pout (to myself). He took those 50 calorie pilsbury biscuits, rolled them out long like the breadsticks, used a little bit of country crock margarine melted over the top, and added garlic salt.

They were sooooo good. Smaller, less buttery, and less salty, yes, but AWESOME.

And today? I'm not thinking about Crazy Bread anymore. :love: