Squatting tips?

Options
2»

Replies

• jobegone
    jobegone Posts: 91
    Options
    Another little tip is to put a small plate under your heels, one that is like an inch thick. Essentially mimicking lifting shoes, although I'm guessing this might help more when you come to do weighted squats. I found it made a big difference starting out.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Another little tip is to put a small plate under your heels, one that is like an inch thick. Essentially mimicking lifting shoes, although I'm guessing this might help more when you come to do weighted squats. I found it made a big difference starting out.
    it's a good tool when you have achilles mobility issues.

it's not a perma fix- but it's a great tool to improve hip mobility that's limited by ankle tightness.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    pick up a copy of starting strength ..it breaks down squat mechanics and really helped me with my form .

goblet squats and/or wall squats should help you with that..

wall squat..stand with your face about 5 inches from the wall and try to squat down without your face hitting wall or falling back..it is tough (I had a hell of a time with these) both they really help with distributing balance properly...

I found wall squats really helped me also. Started about a foot from the wall and got as low as I could. Kept moving closer until I can do now do them with toes touching. I dont barbell squat with that exact form but feel much more comfortable in the bottom of the squat.

Also just spend some time in the squatted position with just body weight or light pause squats.