Eating Out

Options
So I went to a Mexican restaurant tonight, and I'm not quite sure how to log my food....

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I usually log it as cardio
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    So I went to a Mexican restaurant tonight, and I'm not quite sure how to log my food....

Does the restaurant have a menu/nutrition facts online?

If not, guess.

If you don't want to do that, just forget about it and move on to tomorrow.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

tumblr_lrr2jc1k8n1qkmpj8o1_500.gif
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

lol

But seriously, when I go out to a non-chain restaurant, I usually just try to find something similar in the database and aim high as far as calories go. If you only have to estimate your food once in awhile, it shouldn't affect your progress. :smile:
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

tumblr_lrr2jc1k8n1qkmpj8o1_500.gif

+1
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    You weren't supposed to tell anyone :angry:
  • kyven21
    kyven21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Lol do you work at a Mexican restaurant?
  • wheird
    Options

:laugh:
  • robywayne
    robywayne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There are lots of "Generic" options in the database to try to find something close. Calorie counts aren't 100% accurate anyway and your body is going to metabolize things differently; so, as long as your close, you did your due diligence.
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have that problem with a local taco place that serves awesome, healthy food, but has no nutrition information on their website. I kind of "dissected" the tacos using the database and just looked for things with a few confirmations. I always try to err on the side of higher calories with restaurant food since their aim is to make it taste good so you'll come back, so they may add a little extra oil here or salt there.
  • wheird
    Options

Lol do you work at a Mexican restaurant?

No, but I enjoy eating Mexican from time to time.
  • levicrouch
    Options
    I have an 'estimator' of sorts i got through my weight management program and for ethnic foods (Mexican, Chinese, etc.) it lists the food as 350-600 calories per 'cup' (volume) or 8oz. (scale weight). The description of the food is: "Starch and heavy fat, high fat proteins, ethnic high fat combos, high fat dairy, ice cream"
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options

:smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :love: :love: :love: :love: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: