Adding brand food to myfitnesspal

Options
Hi, I have had great success using this program/app with my goals. Over 15 pounds in 10 weeks. So My question is, how can I get things added to database so I don't have to make up meals/exercise. As an example I did a p90x workout but the database did not recognize p90x. Thanks for a great app..

Replies

• MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you search for something (and this applies to food OR exercise) and you put something in the search box and nothing comes up, look at the bottom of that same screen and in blue it says "not in the database? Add it" and you can add it.
    It will then appear when you do a search next time, and also in your "recently added".
    I have done that with my ChaLEAN Extreme, and other Beachbody workouts that weren't in the system.
  • gunnarpalm
    gunnarpalm Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, so when I add say a food chain sandwhich say, I have to be sure to enter the correct calories and such...or in the case of the p90x workout, I guess I need to approximate the calories burned..??
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Yep - most chain places have a nutrition guide. Make sure to input the values that they mention and if you want, you can add it to the database for the rest of the group as well in case we eat there too.

In the example of exercise, HRM is the most accurate, but an average works too (if you're sure what you're burning is right - I know the P90X books say around 600cals/workout). Just remember that what you put in will affect the rest of your reports so be as accurate as possible. If you're not sure, pick something similar to P90X (each day has a different level of intensity - i.e. Cardio will be higher burn than Yoga) activity and use that as an estimate. Exercise is not shareable with the group since your calories burned will be different from other people.
  • gunnarpalm
    gunnarpalm Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation on this. I appreciate your input.