jadejo63
jadejo63 Posts: 136 Member
I need motivation as I really don't want it
All to pile back on again like it did last time. Any advice? X

Replies

• Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat hun, it's so depressing :( it's like you're either in that zone or you're not. I joined weight watchers just cause getting weighed infront of someone else seems to motivate me. Maybe start an exercise regime like 30DS or something like that cause I find if I workout im less likely to cheat that day xx
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Advice ? you got fat by eating & drinking too much, if you go back to eating & drinking too much after loosing weight you will regain the weight.

You need to re-assess what is a sensible amount of food and what food choices you make so that you can eat daily for the rest of your life an amount of food that won't make you fat again.

Exercise may change the amount of food a bit, but that has to be sustainable too.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    right full of questions today...no worries...

The advice I give is this...

1. Choose a reasonable weekly weight loss goal...with 52lbs try for 1lb a week for the first 25. Re-evaluate to 1/2lb a week when you are 25lbs from goal
    2. Let MFP set your calories
    3. Weight your solids on a kitchen scale, measure liquids in cups
    4. Log everything...everything even if you are embarrassed...
    5. Do no restrict foods from your eating...you will regret it, want it, eat it....this is about changing your eating for life not a temporary change then going back to regular foods...that's why you gained it back
    6. If you chose to exercise do something with resistence training, bodyweight exercises, dumbbells etc it helps maintain muscle.
    7. Eat enough protien at least 100g a day to help maintain muscle as well...
    8. repeat 3-7 until you are at goal.

Feel free to check my diary for food ideas and confirm I eat all food including chocolate, chips etc.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    i lost weight last year purely because i didnt want to be the biggest on our group trip. The group trip fell through and I actually stopped caring for a week, until i realised that my motivation should be just to want it and keep at it. I did go on holiday but just with my daughter and I felt good about my achievements. Came back from my hols and still at it. I think maybe the trick is dont do anything drastic that you get fed up of, have patience and just dont stop. good luck. xxx
  • bewickfree
    bewickfree Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i lost weight last year purely because i didnt want to be the biggest on our group trip. The group trip fell through and I actually stopped caring for a week, until i realised that my motivation should be just to want it and keep at it. I did go on holiday but just with my daughter and I felt good about my achievements. Came back from my hols and still at it. I think maybe the trick is dont do anything drastic that you get fed up of, have patience and just dont stop. good luck. xxx

Wow! Great loss, there!!!
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    What made you gain back the weight? You know yourself better than anyone else. Just don't repeat the same mistake. Lifestyle change should probably be your goal not just losing weight. You will put it back, if you go back to the old ways. Eat something you enjoy while losing weight, it might slow down weight loss but you might keep it off.