Replies

• mauricetaylor
    mauricetaylor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Damn you are doing great! Keep up the good work
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos, I have four and intend to get many more over the years once I've lost weight. Don't care though if someone does or doesn't like them/have them, but I'm always glad to have new friends on here for support :)
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I only have 5 tattoos so far, but I work in an office that doesn't like them. I still plan to get more and have a large shoulder piece planned as a college graduation present to myself!
    It is funny, I am a church music director too and they care less about my tattoos than my office does!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I got my first tattoo this year at age 60! I love it with casual clothes but dress up, not so much, maybe the more people who get them the easier it will be. I love it but for church or funeral homes I use concealer or tights for discretion, yep people judge. I think it is such artistic work though and love it with one has a sentimental meaning behind it. Mine was 60 and it made me feel youthful! and I blended in at the gym where we all have them. I lost weight and felt good, so there it is. others are probably jealous.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I dont have any tattoo's myself but for me..the more tattoo's a woman has the better..dont ask me why.

Feel free to add for motivation

Funny how my husband has none, but he likes for women to have them. I have a couple and he keeps asking me what my next tattoo is going to be. For now I think I want to do a cover up on the one I got 30 years ago, it has faded and I want something bright. I've thought about simply having that redone, but I think I would like to replace it with something with new meaning.
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Haha, try being a social worker in a small community that does numerous outreach presentations on state and local levels, I am working a sleeve on the left arm and half sleeve on right bicep. I have to wear long sleeve shirts all the time to downplay the stigma and judgmental people in the audience

lol I'm not a social worker but i am a cake decorator at one of the 2 bakeries in our town, we are right on main street and my mother makes me decorate in the window, makes me feel like a freak show most days :laugh:
  • BrittanyMG3
    Options
    Damn you are doing great! Keep up the good work

Thank you! :happy:
  • BrittanyMG3
    Options
    I only have 5 tattoos so far, but I work in an office that doesn't like them. I still plan to get more and have a large shoulder piece planned as a college graduation present to myself!
    It is funny, I am a church music director too and they care less about my tattoos than my office does!

haha isn't that funny how that works? :tongue:
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I'm a New Yorker so it's pretty much everywhere. But it was only about 25 years ago when I had my first tattoo and although I thought it was common, I guess it wasn't from the people saying "Ooooooh, lemme see your tattoooooo!" (rolls eyes) That was around the time that tattoo parlors were just getting off the ground with legality in NYC. Then they popped up like weeds everywhere.

Yo, no one can make you feel anything so keep your head up, wear your tank tops and be like, "whassup?"
  • BrittanyMG3
    Options
    I got my first tattoo this year at age 60! I love it with casual clothes but dress up, not so much, maybe the more people who get them the easier it will be. I love it but for church or funeral homes I use concealer or tights for discretion, yep people judge. I think it is such artistic work though and love it with one has a sentimental meaning behind it. Mine was 60 and it made me feel youthful! and I blended in at the gym where we all have them. I lost weight and felt good, so there it is. others are probably jealous.

You're awesome! good for you getting one at 60, I don't know many that have the courage! I am glad it makes you feel good about yourself! you have a great attitude about it. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • pauline_putnick
    Options
    Small minded people will be like that. I have tattoos as well, and I love every single one of them. I'm not afraid to show them off! My children love them. Good for you, as well!
  • thenamelessassassin
    thenamelessassassin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hiya Hun... I have about 25 tattoos lol :P Tattoos are awesome I am a little obsessed
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    People still do this? Wow that's really sad and pathetic. Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!? People put WAY too much effort into not minding their own damn business. Over tattoos? God, there are so many other things to be worried about.