Do you take sneakers/shoes off when you walk into your home?

Options

Replies

• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    yes \m/
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Shoes come off when I walk in the door. The half pint has learned this as well. I do it when I go to visit anyone. I just hate shoes.

I'm not so particular with visitors. Unless they have muddy shoes.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Unless they're dirty or I've just cleaned, shoes stay on.

Ceramic tile is killer on the back without some kind of shoe/slipper.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    feet are not weird or gross...they're just...feet!!

I take my shoes off before I go in the house, and automatically do it at other people's houses.

I'm an estate agent, my shoes go on and off a million times a day.

There is no way I would wear shoes in my own house, hell I don't wear clothes in my own house unless I have to....
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I take off my shoes before entering my own home.

If someone requests that I take off my shoes in their home, I will do so, but if not I leave my shoes on.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Yes, I take my shoes off immediately, and I panic a little bit when other people don't, especially when they clearly have dirty shoes. I mean, some things should just be obvious.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Not too many folks in my area of the rural desert walk around in bare feet or take their shoes off at the door.

One step on a goat head thorn that blew or traveled in with a pet will explain why......forever!

35jfpfq.jpg
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I wear shoes in my house. I don't like bare feet. If someone asks me to remove my shoes when I come over, I visit a lot less frequently.
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Take them off! Outside = dirty! And I've never been to a home where I haven't just automatically assumed to take off my shoes... That's how it is where I live :D. Hey this is a super good topic

really?? Where do you live? like Canada or something? ;)

Actually I think that is true, I'm Canadian and I don't know anyone who keeps their shoes on in the house, it's just an automatic thing, like taking your coat off when you come in from outdoors.

Haha I'm Canadian and I think it's absolutely rude if people don't automatically take their shoes off.. I shouldn't have to tell you. Plus, considering you're walking in wet snow half of the year I don't want your wet snowy mess on our hardwood or carpet. I recently went to the states and went to a party at someones home who I didn't know and everyone automatically kept their shoes on - now, our shoes were dry and they had tile but STILL I felt like a terrible person. I didn't want to be an outcast so I did what everyone else did because it appeared to be the local social custom. Besides all that, shoes are so uncomfortable... I don't even like socks. But yeah, I have never been to someones house in Canada where it wasn't assumed your shoes come off at the door... maybe if they specify while you're having a bbq and going in and out of the house but I take them off anyway every time I come in because it feels too weird to wear them inside.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    When I get home, I take off just about everything -- and put on a Pac-Man t-shirt and elephant print fleece pants and cat socks. Or some equally hideous variation.

But nope, I don't wear shoes in my house unless I've just come home for lunch break or in the middle of a busy day and will be leaving again in the next hour.

My husband and I both track in a lot (especially this time of year) from outdoors, after walks and bike rides etc. I've considered setting up a place by the door for our shoes but haven't bothered yet.

Most of my friends wear their shoes in the house when they have company, so when I visit them I wear mine too.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. I live at the beach so most of the time we are barefoot or in flip flops anyway. Spring/Summer/Fall they come off. Winter, they stay on.
  • AbFabKat
    AbFabKat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We always take our shoes off when entering the home and I do the same when I enter someone else's home. I like being without shoes but I hate stepping on sharp stuff on the floors. Seeing all the dirt and grunge that collects on the tile where our shoes sit, it saves a lot of wear on our floors and cleaning as well.

At someone else's house I don't think it's stuck up. But I do think of the Sex in the City episode where Carrie's shoes were stolen at a party...but I have no shoes worth taking.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Shoes come off at my house and at my friends' homes, too. None of us want melted snow/salt ground into our carpets, or even tracked on our floor tiles.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Always take shoes off in my house. And automatically take them off in other peoples houses.

Yes and yes.
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    We always take our shoes off when entering the home and I do the same when I enter someone else's home. I like being without shoes but I hate stepping on sharp stuff on the floors. Seeing all the dirt and grunge that collects on the tile where our shoes sit, it saves a lot of wear on our floors and cleaning as well.

At someone else's house I don't think it's stuck up. But I do think of the Sex in the City episode where Carrie's shoes were stolen at a party...but I have no shoes worth taking.

That's why you find a super secret hiding place for your shoes - I do it at every big house party I go to! Or even just tucking them in the front closet where the jackets are... drunk people/thieves typically pick the easiest target!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    No I don't take shoes off in my house - unless they are muddy, obviously.

Nor do I take them off at other people's houses and I have never been asked to do so - is not the norm where I live.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I do. Switch into slippers or flippy floppys
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I don't take mine off in the house unless I have some slippers nearby because my feet always stay cold. If I go to someone elses house and they ask for shoes to be removed, I don't take it at snooty, it's just how they live. I have no issues with it, it's their house.
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Always.
    Dirt (and all that comes with it) belongs outside :smile: