Work week vs. Weekend

Options
2»

Replies

• AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Forgive me if this is a repeat of anything from above, but I encourage you to pre-log your weekend food on Friday afternoon, and only eat what you have logged. I pre-log every couple of days and it really helps me to have those decisions made ahead of time. I spend a lot less time thinking about (daydreaming) about food. And I wait until I am genuinely hungry to eat. Not starved, just a bit hungry.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    take charge...YOU make the plans, get your friends on board with your healthy eating habits... pack the lunch.... suggest a restaurant that offers healthy foods... If not...load up on carrots before you head out.... and don't clean your plate... eat 1/2 or a 1/3 and have the rest put in a doggy bag... go dancing... work it off...
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. At my job there is food available almost every day-- breakfast tacos, muffins, bbq, pizza, cake, cookies.... (For example, today we had a welcome breakfast for a new employee. Last week we had two bbq lunches. Yesterday there was a sandwich buffet with pasta salad and cookies.) None of this food would be available in my house.
    I have gained 15 pounds since starting at this job!
    Weekends are much, much easier for me.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,502 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. At my job there is food available almost every day-- breakfast tacos, muffins, bbq, pizza, cake, cookies.... (For example, today we had a welcome breakfast for a new employee. Last week we had two bbq lunches. Yesterday there was a sandwich buffet with pasta salad and cookies.) None of this food would be available in my house.
    I have gained 15 pounds since starting at this job!
    Weekends are much, much easier for me.

I was starting to think I was the only one! All week long the vendors bring in snacks and I'm just sitting at my desk, acutely aware of every twinge of hunger. On the weekends I am up and moving and I have full control over the food that is around me. I have time to exercise and my appetite is lower anyway because I'm not just sitting around thinking about food. Who gets hungry when she's jogging or dancing or riding a horse? It's the desk job that is my nemesis!