Carbohydrates thorn in my flesh

Options
Frustrated by my over 50% carbohydrates intake daily!!!!!! I do not eat animal protein save for fish

Replies

• Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Ya just gotta increase your carbohydrate percentage another 20%-30%, and you'll be doing well.
  • adrian_m199
    Options
    indeed attempting to find sources of protein with out eating animal meats is quite the challenge, but its not an impossible one!
    have you considered these sources of protein? Whey protein powder, nuts(all types, just be careful because they could have a handful of fat), beans, hummus, Milk (8oz=8g protein), green peas, chick peas, broccoli.
    These are just some of your options, as there is an endless array of foods that don't come from animals. P.S. buying the protein is your best options as most of the foods listed also have a significant amount of carbs. it could just be used to assist you in getting protein to meet your daily needs, with out surpassing 50% carb benchmark.

good luck reaching your goals!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Are you hitting your calorie goal? Are you eating foods you enjoy? Are you feeling deprived? Are you losing weight? Are you getting enough protein?

If you want suggestions, it is a good idea to open your diary.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Frustrated by my over 50% carbohydrates intake daily!!!!!! I do not eat animal protein save for fish

There are plenty of no meat (excluding fish protein sources).

Wild fish (salmon in particular)
    Eggs
    Shellfish
    Whey concentrate
    Greek Yoghurt
    etc....

But don't think you have to exchange your lowered carbs with protein - ideally you want to replace it with fat (all fats except trans fats).

Even for a very active person 0.7g of protein per lb of body weight is more than enough.

Sources for fat are nuts, olive oil, coconut butter, milk, oil. Again look into it.

Personally getting around 100 - 150g of carbs a day through mainly veggies and some fruit will give you more than enough nutrients - the rest you will get from the fats and protein.

Look into a bit further - no need to be a slave to carbs.

Good luck.