What Cardio can I do with a knee ingury?

Options
:flowerforyou: Any advice on what kind of cardio I can do with a bruised and sore knee. Unsure what is really wrong with my knee yet, but was hoping that there is some kind of light cardio I can do.

Replies

• Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Light boxing, moderate dancing, sit-ups or stretching will burn some calories . Good luck on the knee
  • Demandante
    Options
    are you able to do a stationary bike on a light effort? i was walking like 6 miles a day and decided to jog for like 2 when i wasn't fit for it and messed up my knee well i guess its called it band and the dr told me to use the bike, or swimming is really good too! now i finally can do the elliptical after doing the stationary bike for a few weeks :) good luck! don't give up!!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    I was going to say boxing, too. Jillian specifically points that one out for people with knee injuries. Do a light squat and box it out.
  • lupuslady
    Options
    I hope you have a Y in your area that has a pool. I am lucky enough to live very near a pool with Cardio workout twice a wk. Nearly everyone in my class has jt problems, I have severe arthritis. It is a fabulous way to lose 500 calories, and easy on the legs and jts.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wateraerobics is perfect for knee problems.