T25 results doing JUST the mods?

Options
Hi..I just started T25 Alpha and after the first 2 workouts my lower back is killing me. Up until now I have been doing power walking, strength training with dumbbells and resistance bands, and pilates. I work out 6 days per week most weeks. I usually do low impact high intensity cardio when doing the power walking. I have never had lower back pain after a workout..even after doing tons of squats with hand weights. I think it's all the jumping that hurt me to the point that I am having back spasms right now. I don't want to stop doing the program, but I don't want to hurt myself either.
I was wondering if anyone has gotten great results doing T25 with JUST following the modifications to keep it low impact?
Thanks

Replies

• jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I have a bad left knee, and have to modify some of the higher impact moves such as anything involving jumping.
    I still build up a good sweat, and definitely still feel like I am getting a good workout.

I don't have any weight/size figures to give you, but rest assured if you keep up a good pace, the modifications will still work.
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying. I will give it a try again tomorrow with just the mods.
  • kcm105
    kcm105 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I worry about injury a lot when working out so I never hesitate to modify if I feel like I need to. I always say that doing some is a heck of a lot better than doing none, which is what you'll be doing if you hurt yourself. Definitely better to avoid injury.

You may find that after awhile of modifying, if your back feels better, you can push it (very tentatively) on a few moves here and there and see how you feel. Hopefully your back will get stronger and you can build up to more.