Help!

Princess_Lea
Princess_Lea Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I'm trying to slim down like everyone else right? But I'm having a huge problem I need some help with.

I'm a runner- I love to do it, and I do it a lot, I exercise almost everyday. And I realize to actually lose weight I have to take in the amount of calories I'm burning (or close to it).

My problem is I can't find food that won't put me over my carbs or fat allowance for the day. I usually can be on spot with them both, or over a bit, but my problem is I'm DRASTICALLY under my calorie allowance. On a decent day I eat less than 1500, and most times when I exercise I get allotted up to 200-400 more calories and I don't eat them.

Can anyone help me out and give me suggestions for some carb / fat friendly foods that can help me achieve (or get close to) my calorie count for the day?

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Seafood is always great protein and good fats
    Chicken
    Raw Almonds
    I am sure you eat lots of veggies
    Low fat cheese
    Yogurt
    Legumes - I love Lentil soup (Wolfgang Puck has a Thick and Hearty Lentil Vegetable that is great)

Just don't do alot of fillers - pasta, grains and breads (carbs) - but if you are a runner I would do some - you need them

Perhaps you need to fill in with a good Protein shake to get some extra calories - or a bar - like ZonePerfect bars (they do have some Carbs too).
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Unsalted nuts and seeds -- walnuts, cashews, almonds -- high in calories and fats but they are the unsaturated fats -- no cholesterol. If you are ok on your sugar grams -- dried fruit like apricots and raisins are great.
  • Ahh, I'm actually allergic to sea food. I know it cuts out a lot of options for me. I actually hate most vegetables, but I don't mind the taste so I make myself eat them anyway because I know it's good for me. And I do have protein powder that I take with milk, but I kinda shy away from it because it tastes god awful. I didn't know all these foods were so carb/fat friendly and be able to give me the calories I need! Thank you so much!!
  • chicken is fab for that xxx
This discussion has been closed.