Cardio Machines

Options
Hi There! I'm interested in adding some more cardio into my workout routine. I have been jogging a little bit with my dog, but getting to a good 'burn' stage with it is painful for an old hamstring injury I have. I have been considering joining a nearby gym and using the elliptical machine. Are elliptical machines a good way to get some cardio exercise? I feel like people are stratified with their opinions on that. I like running but I think the intensity on my legs is causing that injury to worsen.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    anything that gets your heart rate elevated above it's steady state is a good cardio.

rowing
    elliptical
    dancing
    jump rope
    zumba
    swimming
    rock climbing
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Oh hmm. Well I rock climb 2 or 3 times a week to train for Hueco tanks and the Buttermilks in May so maybe I'm set.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    unless you're training for somethign specific like a race- if you are rock climbing 2-3 times a week and getting your heart rate up- you are probably set.

I don't really do cardio at all = well I have dance class and sometimes we do stuff that's more cardio- full time stuff- you are MOVING.... so it happens- but I mean unless you really want to do extra- you are probably getting enough in there with that :)