Its been a while, MFP (40 lbs progress pic)

Options
sorryfrench
sorryfrench Posts: 163 Member
Ahhh I haven't been on the site in so long!
I went through a bad break up with my fiance a month before our wedding in August 2013. But I managed to maintain my weight for a while.
Then in the fall I got back on track, but I wasn't journal-ing my food or working out as much as I should have.
And then at the start of last month I started going to the gym for the very first time in my life. Up til then, I always worked out at home.
But as of today I am just one lb away from hitting my 40 lb mark!!!
I started my weight loss journey in February of 2013. It has taken me over a year to go from 181 lbs to 142 lbs. I definitely could have made it to my goal a while ago if I hadn't kept failing and letting myself give up for periods of time. But hey, that's what life is all about, right?
Its like Batman said...
"Why do we fall? So we can learn to get back up again."
Or something like that. ;)
If you would like to see my progress, check out my profile picture.
I still have a long way to go, but I am proud of the progress I have already made, no matter how long it took me.

Btw, if anyone is wondering, I am 5'5" :flowerforyou:

Replies

• msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Great job fighting through all that "stuff" to get to where you are...keep going & keep up the dedication...just because you made it to your goal doesn't mean the fight is over
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Congrats girly! You are looking great:smile:
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great success...well done!
  • sorryfrench
    Options
    Great job fighting through all that "stuff" to get to where you are...keep going & keep up the dedication...just because you made it to your goal doesn't mean the fight is over

Thank you, this is very true!
  • sorryfrench
    Options
    Congrats girly! You are looking great:smile:

Thank you! So are you! :drinker:
  • sorryfrench
    Options
    Great success...well done!

Thank you! :heart:
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congrats! BTW I spent 2 weeks in watertown about 2 years ago for work and had a fun time!
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats...you look great! Pretty much where I want to be....(I just started 5 weeks ago). What type of workouts do you do? Any tips on what worked for you??
  • sorryfrench
    Options
    Congrats! BTW I spent 2 weeks in watertown about 2 years ago for work and had a fun time!

Thank you!
    Its a small world, after all! ;)
  • sorryfrench
    Options
    Congrats...you look great! Pretty much where I want to be....(I just started 5 weeks ago). What type of workouts do you do? Any tips on what worked for you??

Thank you very much! :)
    I'm not the kind of person that enjoys workouts like zumba and stuff like that. I like doing straight up gym routines. I work out 4 to 5 days a week. Cardio is a great thing, especially when you first start. But if you really want to take things far, weight lifting is a huge must! At the gym I like to go back and forth between doing cardio machines and the weight lifting machines. I do leg day, core day, and arm day. Then on the 4th day I just do cardio.
    As for eating, I like to mentally plan what I will be having. When I pre-plan something, I tend to overeat a lot less. On some days when I am extra hungry, I eat a little bit into my exercise calories, but never all.
    I work at a fast food restaurant, which has definitely hindered my progress ha. But I never let it beat me! I like to have a big-ish breakfast so when I go into work that morning I am much less tempted. I also drink at least one glass of water an hour, and that keeps me pretty satisfied.
    I hope I helped!
    :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!