2 hours of Cardio-need to know if I'm on track!

Options
2»

Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're off to a good start. Maybe a little low on the calorie intake, but if you feel OK (not run down, not starving), I'd say go with it for now.

Don't know much about pedal exercisers, but any exercise is better than no exercise. Might want to try something a bit more full-body down the road, but one step at a time.

2.5 pounds a week is awfully aggressive. Not saying it can't be done, but don't get bummed out if you lose slower than that.

Food looks to be a bit biased towards the high-fat, processed stuff. Not saying to cut it out, but I'd try to add some veggies or fruit to the mix. Heck, even a salad with the rest of your lunch would be a good place to start. Or you could try smoothies (green or not, matter of preference).

The food, yeah, I try to find fresh salads, hard where I work! But I do have yogurt, and normally have at least grapes or baby carrots. but yes, I will try to cut it out! I'm ok with losing less, losing anything is good for me! Thanks everyone BTW for the advice! I'm trying! lol!

Pack your lunch the night before. It's the easiest way to make sure you make good choices.
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Since you are just beginning, I recommend the 30 day shred. It totally jump started my weight loss along with eating smaller portions of course. Definitely add in an apple, banana and/or salad into your daily food intake as well. Start off by making small adjustments and It will get easier.
  • bmiyakawa
    Options
    Hello!

Keep in mind if you do this on a daily basis (as I assume you are) your body will begin to "memorize" movement and time - meaning your body will store fat and energy and you will plateau.

I go to the gym six days a week; I am a full time student at night, I work full time in the day as a substitute teacher, my husband works out of town ALL week and I have entire household to hold down & two dogs that are constantly by my side! Gym time starts at 4 a.m. sharp every morning!

If you want it bad enough you will make it happen.

Also, cardio should only be 15% of your workout routine & 85% should be dedicated to weight training. Why? When your on your exercise bike, treadmill, elliptical, etc. you are only burning calories for the duration you are on equipment. Once you get off the equipment calorie burning stops. Weight training/resistance works all muscle groups creating the "48 Hour After Burn". Your muscle groups keep burning calories far after you leave the gym, your desk, etc.

My routine at the gym is NEVER the same because I do not give my body a chance to understand what I am doing. I do three days of intense cardio - Incline can be anywhere from a 5-10, running for 6-8 minutes, pace from a 2.5 - 6, etc. My body is constantly guessing. Nutrition is important - everyone understand nutrition! I wish you luck in your journey!
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Oh, and as to all the suggestions -- don't stress about it. What you're doing so far is great, so keep it up. It's always possible to improve, but don't go into overload trying to do it all at once.