did anyone plan plateaus?

Options
lizz621
lizz621 Posts: 5 Member
Ok so I have an idea and I wanna know if it worked for anyone else. My plan is two restrict calories and do mainly cawrdio with some. Weight training. I plan on doing this for three months. Then I plan to switch to maintaining my weight so eating more calories and doing less cardio but upping my weight training and toning. And I would do that for three months. I would repeat this cycle until I hit goal. I figure it would give my body and skin time to catch up rather than just lose a ton of weight. Then tone. I am currently 235 lbs and pregnant well I expect to hit 235 lbs by the end of pregnancy anyways then I am due in july so I am gonna start trying to lose wight in september I am hoping to get down to 210 by september thru giving birth and breastfeeding plus eating healthy. But anyways in september imma start hitting it hard and I expect to hit goal by the end of 2015...

So I guess I rambled forever but anyone purposefully do a cycle like this and have good results?

Replies

• sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I was just reading an article shared by another MFP member that suggested "diet breaks" every 12-15 weeks where you eat up to maintenance and give your body a rest... time for all the hormones to catch up, etc. before beginning your "diet" or lower calorie eating again and how it showed to be very successful for some people. I was actually thinking of taking a "break" on my next week off from NROLFW.
  • lizz621
    lizz621 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do u happen to have a link
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That's sounds actually like a really good idea. I think I'll be considering that. Thanks! :)
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That's a really interesting article. I don't know if i could do it tho. Every time ive allowed myself to not be diligent (im still aware but maybe have an extra cookie, a few more carbs, or not weigh) i gain weight back.

I started at 278 so obviously i have issues with food .... Most likely ill always need the crutch of a food scale and MFP.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!