New here - Any WoW players?

Options
Hi everyone! I'm brand new to the community here and was wondering if anyone else plays WoW (World of Warcraft)? I've found a couple people and am wondering if there are more. Would love to friend some players!

Also, I have a question about how the net calories thing works. MFP recommends that I eat 1200 calories a day, but if I exercise it gives me more calories. Do I *have to* eat those extra calories? The other day I exercised for quite a bit and therefore was supposed to eat over 2000 calories, but I was so full.

Also, any tips in general? Any help would be much appreciated!

Replies

• jamielann
    Options
    Hi there :) I play too. But I play on EU servers, I don't know if you do too? I know MFP has a big member base of Americans, but I live in the UK. I play a guardian druid, and am GM of my guild (25man, 12/14hc). Anyway, happy to become friends, feel free to invite me :)

You don't have to eat the extra calories in my opinion. As long as you have at least 1,200 calories going in. But I'm not an expert and I do believe the more exercise the do, the more you should eat. Also, be careful with your estimation of calories burned by exercise. If you trust MFP, you can get some very inflated numbers, no two work outs or people working out are the same so "Aerobic exercise (general)" or "Elliptical Trainer" just can't apply satisfactorily. I think you can mostly trust your body to tell you when you have had enough food, eat when you're hungry and don't eat when you're full, as long as you get the minimum and don't go over your realistic maximum (in my opinion anyway!).
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I haven't played in a few months, but have been thinking about reactivating my account. My 2 mains are on Borean Tundra, but I also have a few toons on Deathwing. What realm are you on?
  • aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm on the US servers, Kael'Thas and Stormrage. My husband convinced me to go to Stormrage since they're the top US PVE server and we wanted to do heroics, so I insta-90'ed there instead of paying to transfer (kinda tight on money). My mains are resto druid and holy/disc priest (I play my dr00d more). Used to PVP, but do PVE and raid more now (flexes and such). The insta-90's have sooo messed up LF(fail)R lol...it'll calm down soon.

Thanks for the advice! I was confused and thought I had to eat and eat. I shall indeed learn to listen to my body :)
  • Aeryn24
    Aeryn24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Figures, the first post I make in a new community has to do with WoW!

Hi! I'm new here too. Haven't played WoW in a few months but I do have a hankering to play now and again. I had to pop into this thread to say hi to a fellow WoW player. My main is a mage and I'm on an ancient PvP server. I still love it after being there for *gulp* nine years. It's my home. :smile:

Though I'm new to MFP, I'm not new to losing weight. Eating enough is always important, so make sure you get at least the minimum amount of calories per day. Best of luck on your weight loss journey! :flowerforyou:
  • aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Figures, the first post I make in a new community has to do with WoW!

Hi! I'm new here too. Haven't played WoW in a few months but I do have a hankering to play now and again. I had to pop into this thread to say hi to a fellow WoW player. My main is a mage and I'm on an ancient PvP server. I still love it after being there for *gulp* nine years. It's my home. :smile:

Though I'm new to MFP, I'm not new to losing weight. Eating enough is always important, so make sure you get at least the minimum amount of calories per day. Best of luck on your weight loss journey! :flowerforyou:

lol I've noticed that even after I "quit" WoW, it's always somewhere in the back of my mind. Occasionally the craving to play takes over and I must get back on!

Thanks for the advice and support on the weight loss!
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Yep I play on US-Zuluhed (Zuludead) and US-Aerie Peak 558 H-pally and a 550 Surv Hunt =] have 3 other 90s that I've neglected lol.... Best of luck on the weight loss!!!
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm on the US servers, Kael'Thas and Stormrage. My husband convinced me to go to Stormrage since they're the top US PVE server and we wanted to do heroics, so I insta-90'ed there instead of paying to transfer (kinda tight on money). My mains are resto druid and holy/disc priest (I play my dr00d more). Used to PVP, but do PVE and raid more now (flexes and such). The insta-90's have sooo messed up LF(fail)R lol...it'll calm down soon.

Thanks for the advice! I was confused and thought I had to eat and eat. I shall indeed learn to listen to my body :)

**Correction** Illidan top US PvE Horde and Sargeras top PvE Alliance =P (Progression wise at least)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I used to play a few years ago...I've been itching to get back! I played a BE holy priest back in wotlk and disc in cata...then I had kids haha. I played on Hydraxis. ;) Here's a helpful link for youuuu♡♡

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Cudleigh
    Cudleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hey there. :)

I've been playing for a few years, but I'm currently on a break 'til I get bored again/new expansion. We'll see which happens first. When I am playing, my main is 555 destro lock on Proudmoore, and then I have a bunch of random alts I play sporadically. Like my silly Hordielock that will never get past level 40. xD

I actually quit playing for a while to focus more on exercise and such. I have absolutely nothing against WoW or its players, but personally, I find it to be too much of a time sink right now, and it's hard for to play just a little. I'm very much an all-or-nothing kind of girl.

Anyway, nice to meet you. You can always add me (or anyone else!) if you'd like to talk about anything: weight loss, WoW, random shenanigans, or really whatever pops into your head.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I used to play a few years ago...I've been itching to get back! I played a BE holy priest back in wotlk and disc in cata...then I had kids haha. I played on Hydraxis. ;) Here's a helpful link for youuuu♡♡

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Belf Priest is best Race/Class combo there is. Fact
  • SugaryLynx
    Options

If only we had a better dance
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Yeah, that's a thing, but then I'm not a fan of most of the dances (Except Orcs. Female Orcs have the best dance)
  • SugaryLynx
    Options

Yeah, that's a thing, but then I'm not a fan of most of the dances (Except Orcs. Female Orcs have the best dance)

Theres is great and Moonkin! I ♡ Chris Farley
  • IsaTexDesigner
    IsaTexDesigner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I used to play, Im a priestaholic, I have 3, Im mostly disc/shadow...I havent played for months, Im into Guild Wars 2 at the moment, but maybe I'll get back into WoW.
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I play. I've got an Orc Monk & Goblin Shadow Priest on Mannoroth. :) Currently leveling a Panda Shaman.

Feel free to add me! :)