Can Anyone Help Me Maths?

Options
Ok, my can of soup is 524G. A serving size is 252G. The soup is 100 cals per serving. If I ate the whole can, how many calories did I eat?

I am really awful at math. I am trying to come up with an equation that will solve this for me. This is what I came up with:

100 / 252 = .4 cals per G

So if I ate 524G then the whole thing was 209.6 cals, right?

I'm not THAT obsessed about the 9 calories, I just face math like this all the time and I wanted help sorting out how to get the right answer.

Replies

• PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ok, if there are 524G in the can and a serving size is 252G, that means there are roughly 2.08 servings per can (divide 524 by 252). That means the whole can would be roughly 208 calories (2.08*100). I think I did that right. :)
  • FJDodd
    FJDodd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yes, your math is accurate OP.
  • thickerella
    thickerella Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    In case you want the math-free version when logging something like this: Just select the "1g" option instead of the "524g" option and then enter the exact grams for the number of servings :)
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a hard time getting the mobile app to log this properly? I was trying to be a good girl yesterday and weigh instead of measure my solids, and I was having a hard time getting 4g of butter to come through. Had to go to the desktop version.