incorporate exercise

I'm at 176lbs

My goal is to reach at least 165-160....

I really want to incorporate exercise in my life which i lack so much of.

I had gastric by-pass surgery 12 years ago and i have managed to keep the weight off. Thank god but honestly my lazy attitude has not changed. or eating habits.

I really dont want to take the easy way out on toning my arms or tights but i lack the motivation. I think of gym and ufff the spirit of laziness attacks me!! :grumble:

Replies

• valj20
    valj20 Posts: 14 Member
    You don't need to go to the gym just to tone up or even do exercises. Hell on MFP it has cleaning as an exercise.
    Push ups, wall sits, squats, lunges, etc. You can look up plenty of at-home exercises if you don't want to gym (also then you have no excuse to not do it since you don't have to drive there ;) )

Start light, then once things get too easy, take another level.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I'm at 176lbs

My goal is to reach at least 165-160....

I really want to incorporate exercise in my life which i lack so much of.

I had gastric by-pass surgery 12 years ago and i have managed to keep the weight off. Thank god but honestly my lazy attitude has not changed. or eating habits.

I really dont want to take the easy way out on toning my arms or tights but i lack the motivation. I think of gym and ufff the spirit of laziness attacks me!! :grumble:

Find something you like to do. When I first started I had a Netflix (by mail) subscription. I got a new DVD every week........yoga, pilates, kickboxing, ballet (barre), ........... my point is there is something for everybody.

Trying new things..........
    1. I got into a habit (start with a small goal....and build)
    2. I found exercise I could do forever
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    FitnessBlender.com

Do yourself a favor and check it out. Full-length FREE workout videos. Kelly and Daniel are amazing and new videos are posted on a regular basis. You want yoga? They got it. HIIT or Tabata? Yep. Strength? Yep. Cardio? Of course! They've got short videos, long videos, low-impact videos, and high intensity videos. All from the comfort of your own home with little to no equipment necessary.

No, I don't work for them and this is not a plug. I'm just a huge fan!