Do you believe in green tea's weight loss abilities

Options
2»

Replies

• eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Nope.

More fads and 'magic; bullets'.... there is no simple, quick fix. Hard work and eating the right amounts of the right foods [end of]

this^^^^
    maybe if the caffeine (really negligible in green tea) gets your heat pumping an extra beat there is something but i doubt it
    the simple truth is weight loss is driven by eating less than you burn (and in fact it doesn't really matter what you eat as long as you eat at a deficit - if you can feel good living on mars bars and only mards bars and eat at a deficit then you will lose - I wouldn't want to do it and think after a few days i'd feel like hell but it would still work (I could eat 6 marts bars a day mmmmm)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking 3-4 cups a day for a long time now just because i like it but i've started always hearing things such as 'it helps endurance' 'it boosts metabolism' 'it good for your skin' etc ...but as when i first started drinking it i never heard any of this i never noticed any changes, is it a placebo effect maybe?
    Has anyone felt any of these effects from the drink? i'm very curious

nothing wrong with drinking it, but i don't believe it has any qualities that can boost endurance/performance/metabolism etc…

but al least it's not doing you any harm.
  • TXCruiseGal
    TXCruiseGal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the health benefits, but I do credit it with helping a little in my weight loss. For one thing, when I'm craving some kind of snack in that late afternoon slump, I've found brewing a cup of green tea and pouring it over ice really solves my problem!

I figure if I'm drinking my iced green tea instead of reaching for a snack, then I'm ahead!
  • hellsbells3272
    hellsbells3272 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I think it is better for your health generally than the alternatives (coffee, milky coffee, milky tea), but nothing significant.
  • yourfitnessenemy
    yourfitnessenemy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I believe in its deliciousness.

The caffeine may be a small appetite suppressant, but that's about it.