The wonderful tale of me. :P

My name is Eli. I don't care enough about myself and until recently had no idea how it affected my loved ones. its not that they didn't tell me, it was that I wasn't ready to listen. About a week ago when faced with these hard truths about how my actions were hurting someone very close to me I got angry at first at them because they hurt my feelings and broke through my denial, but then I realized after an angry walk along the beach that it was me who was to blame... I have been overweight since I was three and I have hid behind that as my shield, I have always been fat so its not my fault. This turns out to be a flimsy shield when I realize at anytime I could have changed this, I was either too lazy or too apathetic to focus on my issues and like the ostrich with its head in the sand the problem remained. I have since lost the person who cared the most about my well being because I'd waited far too long to change. I now am emboldened with the drive to be better than the person I am today and I owe it to a wonderful person whose patience finally ran out. I'd like to say I'm sorry and I love you.

Replies

• curtissoph
    curtissoph Posts: 64 Member
    Bump
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    If you want support and a diet buddy - this is me!!
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Welcome Brother! The first step is done now.....time to take action!!

You go this!

Feel free to add me for support as well.
  • Sweetie_darling
    Sweetie_darling Posts: 123 Member
    Beautifully brave and honest post.

Feel free to add me too :)
  • nyqueensguy
    nyqueensguy Posts: 100 Member
    You can add me also. I ruined much of my youth by not taking responsibility for myself and losing weight.
  • You can do this...you have taken the first step and thats the hardest. You are not alone in your struggle and here you will find lots of support to achieve your goals...on good days...and on bad.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Here for you too!. I've not had to lose a lot though but the more friends you have the better and that was such a lovely, honest from your heart story. I can tell you though that someone in my family.. a cousin was born fat and is now modelling material. It doesn't have to be your future.

Stick with MFP. Ask as many questions as you need to and READ read read the forums. Find the people that lost a lot of weight, are keeping it off long term and didn't eat like a bird to get there and you'll win. Some exercise is good too, walking/swimming etc.. don't go in to hard at first so you give up. Many of us walked only at first. It works even if it's only for ten minutes you can last then up it each week.