Daily Caloric Intake Summary!! HELP!!

Options
So im confused about something on this site. My calorie goal is 1360 a day. I use the elliptical for an hour and burn about 689 calories Now the bar on my daily summary, says I have alot more calories since I burned the 689. Does that mean I am allowed to eat 689 calories extra that day or should I still only eat 1360 a day to lose the weight. I am confused about this. Someone please explain!

Replies

• klappeh
    klappeh Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    eat the 689 back
  • sally884
    sally884 Posts: 51
    Options
    This confused me at first as well.. we're so used to burning calories through exercise you wouldn't think to eat them back. However, now your burning fat through being in a calorie deficit (1360). So exercise or not you will lose the pound or what ever you have it set to. For this reason you need to eat back your exercise calories ( I do 50% as machines can be too high). Enjoy the extra food and fuel your workouts!
  • BHeineman93
    Options
    Thanks alot. I wasn't sure if that extra 700 calories was to just help me maintain weight. I was trying it with only 1360 a day and losing weight alot more then what I thought was normal. I just didnt want my body to go into starvation mode