Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fluctuationsss!!!

Hi everyone!

I've never posted before (apart from in losing 5 pounds in March!) but am seriously confused and need help! I'm an 18 year old girl, trying to shift a few pounds and get generally fitter.

I've never owned scales before but recently my housemate lent me her old ones (they are digital). I'm enjoying actually being able to know how much I weigh so on the first evening I had them I had them in the middle of my room and stepped on them every time I walked by. Between 9pm-midnight, my weight fluctuated. I get that that happens. But it fluctuated between 121 pounds and 114.5 pounds (and no, I didn't go to the toilet!) and just about everything in between. Since then, I've continued to vary hugely.

Is it me or the scales?! How much do I weigh?!

Thanks for any advice you have!

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Is your room carpeted? Putting a scale on carpet (or even at a place where the floor isn't level) will screw with the readings you get. Pick a place that has flat, hard flooring where you don't need to move the scale. You can try changing the battery, since if it's starting to run out you can get weird readings too. Also, get a weight or 5lb bag of flour and weigh it a few times to see if the scale is giving you consistent, accurate readings.
  • svts123
    svts123 Posts: 23 Member
    Thanks so much! The batteries have been changed, but my room is carpeted so will try using it my bathroom now. I have a giant history book that I shall started weighing to see if it's consistent- thanks so much for your advice and ideas, I hadn't even thought of that!