Why did you get inked?

Options

Replies

• beautifulif
    beautifulif Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Beucase after going thru a crazy divorce the words nobodys perfect seemed appropriate
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I pis$ed off the wrong octopus.

Lol

I didn't get this until you laughed.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Daddy issues.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I always wanted them, I think it just suits my lifestyle.

just curious...what lifestyle is that?
  • _UMADBRO_
    _UMADBRO_ Posts: 21
    Options

Carefree, living life to the fullest.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

word.

i wish i had waited a bit before i got my first one. in fact, i wish i had put more thought into many of them.
    i've got some real garbage ink.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

word.

i wish i had waited a bit before i got my first one. in fact, i wish i had put more thought into many of them.

That is what cover ups are for. i just got my first tattoo covered up with an amazing american traditional eagle.

i have a few more pieces, and they all have meaning. and depending who i'm talking to, i'll tell them the meaning, or i'll just shrug and say "i thought i would look cool."

there are some days that i wish i had waited to get some big giant piece, and then other days i really like the patchwork quilt i'm making.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

word.

That is what cover ups are for. i just got my first tattoo covered up with an amazing american traditional eagle.

i have a few more pieces, and they all have meaning. and depending who i'm talking to, i'll tell them the meaning, or i'll just shrug and say "i thought i would look cool."

there are some days that i wish i had waited to get some big giant piece, and then other days i really like the patchwork quilt i'm making.

Hey Apollo...would love to see that cover up man. Sounds like a good one.
  • LouisianaHotSauce_93
    LouisianaHotSauce_93 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    One because I was told not to get one.. But my next one is for my brother. This is his senior year in high School, he died tragically last month in a car wreck in my car on his way to church.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I like having ink, and cant wait to get more. Coming up soon.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    First one in memory of my mom getting cancer
    Second one to redo/add to the first one
    Third one in memory of a really good point in my life and all the experiences and people
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Because I love the art and the stories behind them. Plus .. couldn't see myself any other way
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    I wish mine had stories, I just thought they were pretty. Still do! :)
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    To impress her ^^^^
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Because I love the art and the stories behind them. Plus .. couldn't see myself any other way

Bingo!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

word.

Hey Apollo...would love to see that cover up man. Sounds like a good one.

original and the tracing
    COVERUP1_zps415d5062.jpg

finished product
    2d63353c-029a-4d28-a245-0a6b4f35ee5c_zps2d490079.png
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have three... all of them reminders for myself

1) A yin yang on the outer aspect of my left wrist (it goes under my watch face). Symbolises the negative and positive balance in life. I had this following the completion of cancer treatment & breakup of a 10 year relationship. It was to remind me (& still is) that life is a balance ... I often find myself touching it to remember when things are tough!

2) a tribal band of an eagle at the base of my spine ... commonly referred to as a shag tag in the UK, although this is not what mine symbolises & I don't care. It symbolises the freedom that came with being discharged from the oncology clinic after five years. I was free from cancer, from hospitals & doctors. Occasionally it peeps from under a shirt & someone will ask about it & I don't mind telling.

3) The Chinese symbols traced down my mid-spine of the name Benjamin - to wear the baby I lost right next to me. I miscarried a year after treatment finished. I wanted it large enough to see if in a skinny top so had it tattooed over my heart at the back (plus where I had radiotherapy at the front may not have healed so well).

I doubt I'll have any more... these are enough to wear with pride. So much so I don't notice them until I'm asked!
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    Options
    I always wanted one but never got round to it...

had an op on my shoulder (cancer scare) which left a big nasty scar so my kids paid for me to have a tattoo to cover it for a mothers day gift .. it represents my family , it was to have wedding rings and dates but things had changed a few days before i had it done .. the 4 rose buds are for my kids.
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    First one was just because I could (at 18) The second one I thought would be fun. It's Hobbes chasing his tail. I sort of want another one. I can't decide. I'd like it to mean something and not be something generic.
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Because after some really sh*tty events in my life I finally wanted to make me happy...it worked :smile: