Need friends over 65 who are trying to lose weight.

Options

Replies

• kypopie1
    kypopie1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just purchased a fit bit one and love it. I I haven't quite got the sleep cycle to work, but expecting better luck tonight. I have trouble sleeping. I was used to stuffing myself before bed, but now go to bed feeling deprived of food. I am really not, but healthy eating is a big change for me. I have never before logged the food that I ate . It really does help control the calories when it is laid out for you.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    [/quote]Oops. What I just started doing is setting up a salad shelf in the fridge. I bought a set of glass storage containers at Costco and put a different fixing in each container. Shredded carrots, beets , beans, corn kernels, cherry tomatoes , etc. Top with your protein choice Makes enough for 4-5 days, Have a big salad meal once a day. Prep is time consuming but it is smooth sailing the rest of the week.
    [/quote]

What a great idea!! I am going to do this!

I am Reba & have 90 lbs to lose. We can do this with each others help!!
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Glad you like sharing my salad idea. I have been thinking of a fit bit. Not a great sleeper but I already know it, What does the sleep function accomplish. I have found the 65 and over group and it is good. Will also check out the golden sneakers. It is encouraging to read others success stories.
    Good Day All!!
  • daisy019
    daisy019 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started on Sunday. I am also 77 and keep trying to get this weight off. Every thing I've tried doesn't work so now I'm trying my fitness pal. I am still finding my way around the site, but so far I like it a lot. They have me on 1200 cal. a day which I find hard to do.
    I do have high blood pressure and a heart condition plus back problems etc. I feel I'm in OK shape as far as health. My husband bought
    me a stationery bike which I will get to in a few days or weeks.I need to lose a lot in order to get to my goal weight. I will take it 5 lbs at a time.
    daisy 019:smile:
  • kypopie1
    kypopie1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When you put the fit bit on sleep, it will show your sleep cycles,how long to fall asleep, if you toss and turn & how many hours that you are actually asleep. Like you, I have trouble sleeping. I go to bed, get up, go to bed, watch tv, go to bed. Any ideals for getting a good night's sleep?
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Is this lack of sleep something that comes with age. I was up from 12 to 2 again last night. Pain in the butt.

Daisy
    are you sure 1200 is enough calories. I belong to tops and they banned 1200 calories all together. We need at least 1500.
    So your heart condition allows you to exercise. I'm on very limited. But see cardiologist on the 20th of June. Hope they patch me up. Right now I limit myself to 7 to 10 min. of walking. And don't even do that ever day. Depends on the breathing. Take care.

See you all lighter.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    64.....40 lbs in 20 weeks.
    If I can do it, anyone can.
  • Goin4goal
    Goin4goal Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm only 63 - I normally keep my friend list very small so I can devote enough time to respond to everyone's post each day, but I would love to have more over 60 friends. I began this current weight loss journey in March 2013 and have lost 43 lbs. and then I stalled (my own fault). I still have another 30 or so pounds to go, so I am here for anyone that would like to friend me. We can all do this!!!!!
  • tsoukalasj
    tsoukalasj Posts: 5
    Options
    I got on the scale this morning and had lost 7.3 lbs since May 4. I am almost into a new # threshold. I almost broke into tears, and then did a little dance. LOVE mfp!

Lots of luck to all of you struggling along with ME!
  • EdnaDenne
    EdnaDenne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add me I'm new to my fitness pal and learning how to do everything.
  • EdnaDenne
    EdnaDenne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry it went under your message! Congratualtions on your weight loss for May. Keep it happening.:smile:
  • daisy019
    daisy019 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had a pacemaker and defibrillator put in last May. I couldn't walk from room to room without stopping to get my breath. Now I am
    able to walk and do some little exercise like a stationary bike. I do have a fractured vertebra in my back from a fall I had, but sitting
    and riding the bike doesn't bother it. I don't know why my fitness put me on 1200 calories. I just can't stay at that amount. I've been
    averaging between 1300 to 1500 a day. Some days I end up with 1600.
  • LinCharpentier
    Options
    Is this site still going the last post was in May.
  • lkw0311
    lkw0311 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 60 - started with 130 to lose. Lost 25 before MFP and about 50 more here, so 75 down, 55 to go. Please add me! would love to give and receive support.
  • LinCharpentier
    Options
    Ikw0 311
    Your doing wonderful, keep up the great work.
    Linda in Northern Ontario
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    If I can do it; anybody can do it.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Is this site still going the last post was in May.

You can always post a new reply but to see it folks have to scroll through the preceding ones. It might work better just to post a new thread.
  • LinCharpentier
    Options
    All you do is go to the last page. Very easy. Starting on my third day. Going to make it right.

Linda
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 69, have always had weight problems. Had managed over the years to lose 110 lbs but put a lot back on comfort eating after my husband died.I've always been a walker but find it difficult to walk long distances now with arthritis so I swim with friends instead and also do a fitness DVD for older people.

Regarding meals for one, what I do is have a batch cooking day and make up several portions of diet-friendly meals to freeze. That way I always have a healthy home-made 'ready meal' in the freezer and only need to microwave it. I also buy packs of frozen veg as well as small amounts of fresh veg, so I don't have to waste it 'cos it's gone off. A side salad with meals is a good way to get veg too.
    Fruit is no problem as I'm a bit of a 'fruit bat' and love snacking on fruit. I often make a big fresh fruit slad and have it over 2 or 3 days.
  • LinCharpentier
    Options
    Angie
    Sure sounds like your on the road to success.
    Keep it up and you will be back to losing 110 lbs.
    Nice to see older people on the mend.
    Take care and don't let the weekend get you.
    Just say what weekend. Today is only my 3rd day. But won't look at it being a weekend not yet.

Take care
    See you lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario