Help with ways to fix fish

Options

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Gosh. How do I thank you for all the WONDERFUL recipes.... I can't wait to try these. You are some really creative cooks... Again, thank you....walmart had a sale on 5 lb. bags of individually wrapped salmon fillets for $3.00. Husband bought 4 bags.. I know WOW.. CANT WAIT..
  • will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Salmon marinated in soy sauce/brown sugar cooked on maple planks on the grill is my all time favorite.

I recently found some tilapia with Adobo seasoning that I blackened and it was quite good.

Another way I've prepared the frozen tilapia filets from Sam's is to pan fry them lightly (no breading) and then add a half can of stewed tomatoes. Let it go until the tomatoes cook down quite a bit and the fish is cooked through.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I don't care for fish but plan to eat it because it is good for me. I do so Fridays and Sundays when i don't commute.
    A
    1 I grill it on my george foreman with one tablespoon of con ta dina pesto.

2. I also make fish loaf with 1 egg chopped onion dill and bread crumbs bake at 350 30 45 minutes until done.
  • HeatherBittner
    HeatherBittner Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love salmon with Adobo seasoning. I usually add a little garlic and onion powder also.
  • jaenders06
    jaenders06 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Lemon pepper is wonderful on fish!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I will eat fish prepared almost any way. I love sushi, but I don't prepare it at home. If I am making fish at home, I usually toss it on the grill after marinating it in almost anything (pesto, teriayki, bbq, etc)
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    We have been cooking a lot of Swai {an Asian catfish imported from Vietnam}. Mostly in the oven, but also on the grill. I use a small amount of olive oil, lemon pepper and Smokey Mesquite, or some other hot pepper seasoning. Recently we had fish with a very tasty pineapple mango salsa. After a few tries to decide what we liked best, this is what we came up with:

1/2 cup Pineapple, diced
    1/2 cup Mango, diced
    1/4 cup onion, diced {or use green onion}
    1/4 cup cilantro
    1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
  • jkierdorf
    jkierdorf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    just tried a great, colourful and healthy recipe. Lightly cook chopped onion and garlic to taste in a tsp olive oil. Add small can, or half a large can, diced tomato, then capers and olives chopped (as I am not keen on these, I added a small chopped zucchini before the tomatoes) Season the sauce with salt and pepper, then take thawed fish, salmon, or firm fish and wiggle it into the sauce, so the sauce surround the sides. Season the fish with salt and pepper, pop on a lid and cook til the fish is done. Serve with whole grain pasta, brown rice, add a green veg or salad, tastes incredible, and the sauce is a veg.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    We have been cooking a lot of Swai {an Asian catfish imported from Vietnam}. Mostly in the oven, but also on the grill. I use a small amount of olive oil, lemon pepper and Smokey Mesquite, or some other hot pepper seasoning. Recently we had fish with a very tasty pineapple mango salsa. After a few tries to decide what we liked best, this is what we came up with:

1/2 cup Pineapple, diced
    1/2 cup Mango, diced
    1/4 cup cilantro

That salsa sounds awesome!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    My current favorite... take about 4 min. in the microwave if I'm just making for me..

in a covered dish
    I take:
    • a frozen Trader Joe's Swai Pangasius fillet
    (It's a thin white mild fillet, I think turbot, cod, tilapia or sole would work well too this)
    • Frozen artichoke hearts
    • a capers
    and
    • a splash of Lemon Juice if want to be traditional, but orange juice works well too.
    • salt & pepper to taste

Microwave until the fish is opaque and the artichokes are hot.
  • Midlife_Crazy
    Midlife_Crazy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My family's fav Salmon dish was from one of those recipe cards at the local A&P/Metro: Maple Mustard Glazed Salmon.

You preheat oven to 350 F and lightly coat baking dish. Wisk together 1/4 cup maple syrup, 3 tbsp. coarse grain mustard (have subbed in dijon in a pinch), & 2 tbsp brown sugar. Place 4 salmon filets in dish. Pour sauce overtop, and bake for 15-20 min.
    It's 350 cal's a serving, would have to look up the recipe card for the rest of the nutrition info, if anyone needed it.

Also, my absolutely favorite fish dish is simply fresh caught pike (bass and lake trout are nice as well) pan fried with just a little salt and pepper, while still lakeside. Nothing better. :)
  • Kreepie11
    Kreepie11 Posts: 76
    Options
    My family's fav Salmon dish was from one of those recipe cards at the local A&P/Metro: Maple Mustard Glazed Salmon.

I have to say: I did not eat fish until I ate this. Best fish recipe ever, of all time.
  • leeannewgeorge
    leeannewgeorge Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Tagging!
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    tagging for that awesome sounding salmon recipe
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My favorite with talapia is to make a spread from lite mayo and grated parmesan then spread it on top and [this is optional] sprinkle a teaspoon or so of italian breadcrumbs on top to lightly cover the mayo mixture.. sooo good!!

Or just some lemon pepper, fresh lemon juice, garlic, a little paprika if I'm in a rush or want something easy
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Salmon fillets - wrapped in tinfoil with a little bit of olive oil, garlic and some herbs and baked in the over. Served with some lemon juice on top. Yum!

Or for a more lunchy idea, tuna fish with either low fat mayo and sweetcorn or with tomato sauce served with rice or pasta.
  • ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Salmon:

Cover in pesto sauce add sliced tomatoes on top. (I do this in a foil packet) bake for about 25 min.

Talipia:

Pan fry in pam. Remove fish. In same pan cook one can of diced tomatoes (or one fresh) with a bit of white wine and capers. Place tomato/Caper mix over fish. Yummy.
  • str1ne
    str1ne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options

1/2 cup Pineapple, diced
    1/2 cup Mango, diced
    1/4 cup cilantro

That salsa sounds awesome!

It is good with chicken or pork as well.