help me guess how many calories in my chicken!

Options
help! I am making this yum for dinner...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/40-cloves-and-a-chicken-recipe.html

I used 13 bone in chicken thighs, but everything else in the recipe is the same. assuming 1 thigh is 1 serving, how many calories would you guess per serving? the oil doesn't completely absorb into the chicken, theres always lots in the bottom of the pan for bread dipping and roasted garlic clove smooshing.

thanks! :)

Replies

• antjoanes
    antjoanes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'd separate out the ingredients and weigh them and then use myfitnesspal to figure that out.

eg, you have 500g of chicken thigh, plug that into myfitnesspal and calculate. You could set it up as a meal in the diary so that you can reuse it too.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I'd separate out the ingredients and weigh them and then use myfitnesspal to figure that out.

eg, you have 500g of chicken thigh, plug that into myfitnesspal and calculate. You could set it up as a meal in the diary so that you can reuse it too.

this...I do it all the time...works great.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one because of the bones. I'd calculate the calories per piece for the add ons, and add that, but just take the meat off after it's cooked for your piece, weigh it, and log that as 'chicken dark meat cooked'.