1200 calories will work?

Options
BMR is 1420, and tdee is around 1650-1750

will this be good to lose weight?

Replies

• RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Seeing as you probably move around throughout the day.. there's no reason eating at 1400 won't work.
  • BigTireFlipper
    BigTireFlipper Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    BMR of 1420 is to maintain. cocopies is asking if eating at 1200 ( a daily deficit of 220 ) will allow her to lose weight. If tracked extremely close it probably will, but very very slowly. Maybe your best answer will come from a Doc. If he/she goes over your blood work and tests and thinks that widening the deficit is the way to go then follow the doctors advice. Nobody here knows your height/weight or medical profile and although everyone here means well sometimes folks encourage caloric cuts that for some can impact their health. You might be a good candidate for under 1200 calories, but you should let a doctor's opinion weigh in on it.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It's the TDEE figure which is the maintenance one - BMR is your body's basic mnimum survival amount.

In simple terms, eating somewhere between those 2 figures should result in weight loss. But all figures are approximate, and it's tricky to measure your intake with a great deal of accuracy.
  • BigTireFlipper
    BigTireFlipper Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It's the TDEE figure which is the maintenance one - BMR is your body's basic mnimum survival amount.

In simple terms, eating somewhere between those 2 figures should result in weight loss. But all figures are approximate, and it's tricky to measure your intake with a great deal of accuracy.

I totally stand corrected here. I have no idea what my brain was doing when I was putting my response together. Gotta proof read before hitting enter next time.