GO ME!

Options
I am brand new to myfitnesspal, and I am so excited to use this tool to help me reach my goal.

January 30, my weight was 271 pounds. I decided to change my life...COMPLETELY!

I had been considering the lapband for almost 2 years and finally got the nerve to get things moving, made my appointments and began the processes required before day of surgery.

Sleep Apnea Test
EDG (Esophagogastroduodenoscopy???)
Blood Work
EKG
Weight Loss Visits (6 months worth)

I took all the information in and used it and lost 15 pounds the first month, 15 the next month, 15 the next and so on!

I am proud to say that I did not get the lapband procedure done, but was just as successful!
Who knew diet and exercise would work???????????????????? Ha

My entire life has changed, attitude, eating habits, physical activity. I can run around with my 9 year old niece without getting winded!!! We went to Sea World one weekend and she couldnt keep up with ME!

Today, I weigh 85 pounds less than what I was in January, and I couldnt be happier.

I am going to use myfitnesspal to get to my goal weight of 160 pounds. WISH ME LUCK!!!

Thank you for reading!

Replies

• redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Your post is truly inspirational and shows that with a little hard work and dedication you have accomplished something unbelievable! Getting surgery is not always the answer to everything. I firmly believe that weight loss surgeries should only be used as a last resort.

Congratulations thus far and good luck on your endeavors of reaching your next goal!!!!

There are quite a few people here to keep the motivation high :)
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!!! Congrats on your weight loss so far!!! Your story I hope will insprie others and make them realize that surgery doesn't have to be their only option, that they can do this on their own as well.
  • naguilar210
    Options
    I know quite a few people who use that tool to take the bit of weight off (easy way out), but are upset that they aren't losing anymore weight because they arent exercising or changing thier eating habits. Weight loss tools should be used to assist the healthy life one is trying to lead!

Thanks for your reply by the way!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Love this post! Good for you! I started last week at 273 and can't wait till I can say I'm 85lbs down. You should be so proud of yourself!
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!! I have seen too many people do the gastric bypass or lap band surgery and then gain it back. You're not learning anything when you do that. I know a girl that didn't qualify for gastric bypass because she didn't weigh enough so she actually gained more weight so that she could qualify!! CRAZY!
  • naguilar210
    Options
    WHAT!!
    Gaining weight to be a candidate for the surgery?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SOOOO INSANE?!!!!!!!!!
  • crperea
    Options
    I was consider some form of surgery.. But nope.. I need to start now! Thanks for posting this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!