Polycystic Ovary Syndrome???

Options
2»

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I have it and I have two children, both conceived naturally. You are starting young so time is on your side. I wasn't diagnosed until I was 34 so I lost a lot of time in there.
    Fertility problems are only one of the symptoms of PCOS - some symptoms you will have more severely than others. Some you won't have at all. So it's too soon to tell if you will have fertility problems.
    One thing you should ask about if you are concerned about your future fertility - the cysts form on months when your body tries to ovulate but does not. So every month that you don't get a period, you will get a cyst. There are things you can do to prevent this. I don't have many cysts because I was on birth control for many years. (On the pill, your body doesn't try to ovulate so you will not get cysts). You can also ask about Metformin - in many cases (including mine), Metformin will cause regular ovulation, so you will not get cysts then either. Cysts can be problematic in the future because they cause the ovaries to become unusually large and hard (like scar tissue) and it makes it more difficult for the eggs to come out of the ovary when you do ovulate.