Is this really a lifestyle change for you?

Options
2»

Replies

• msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I'm in it to win it... This absolutely is a lifestyle change for me and I can (right now) quit "counting" and still continue to lose. In fact I probably OVER estimate what I've eaten and generally come in under calorie goal. That said I'll probably continue the food diary to keep myself honest mostly because if I have to write it down and it's terrible I probably won't eat it. :wink:
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I will continue to log on maintenance for a month or so to get used to they new daily amounts. Then I will stop logging but mentally do an acceptability check
    I will continue to weigh in once a week and have an "alarm" weight that tells me I am not doing it right!
    Ensuring I weigh in once a week will mean that I never "wake up fat" again!
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I had this conversation with my dietitian. She agrees that logging calories is good for the time being, but she would like me to eventually be able to maintain my new lifestyle naturally. So, I guess, I need to make this way of eating second nature. I hope to get to that point some day, so, yes lifestyle change all the way.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change for me for sure! I know that I'll have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life if I want to stay healthy. I can reward myself now and again. I had a cheeseburger today. Mmmm........ But since I do still have that stuff now and again, it's something to look forward to. My new lifestyle is showing my husband the way. At first, he thought it was silly, and now, he's starting to ask me questions about it out of curiosity. I know that he'll get into it if I set a good example.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I saw your goal of not eating chocolate. Chocolate in moderation is good for you.