Strategies for not letting the weekend derail my plan

Options
What are people's strategies for not letting social events on the weekend ruin your diet and fitness plan?? I have a couple of parties that I'm nervous about because they are long (5-6 hours) and I'm not sure if there will be anything on my plan, plus can't weigh/measure out the food. It's going to be tough to estimate!

Replies

• nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Eat salad, veggies, lots of water, eat before you go and stay away from breads and fried foods. That's my motto.
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Here is what I do,

I make sure I don`t miss out on my workout for that day,
    Eat before going to the party or get together (even if it is something small, this will force you to take smaller portions at the party).
    If you plan to drink BYOB (drink a low calorie alcoholic drink - woody`s 99 or smirnoff ice light) otherwise request that the host purchase some lower calorie choices).
    Drink a glass of water between drinks or before meals

The next day, if you can handle it and you think you messed up, plan to do two workouts. I have done this numerous times. Also increase your water the next day to flush out any excess sodium.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Not kidding, I totally hide healthy snacks in my bag and ALWAYS have a water in my hand. I eat before I go and if, for some reason, I HAVE to have a bite of something (Buffalo Chicken Dip is my evil downfall) I make sure I use a veggie to dip it/eat it and not a carb.
  • cberen
    Options
    Great suggestions!! Thanks guys!