The Firm

Options
Suggestions??

I bought the Firm Total Body TransFIRMation system 2 years ago after I had my son. I saw it on a commerical, and it seemed like it would really work. Well I tried it for 2 weeks, and didnt' stick to it. I could feel the burn, but didn't see any results. Then about a year ago, the wave came out. I just had my daughter, and again jumped on the wagon to lose weight. It looked really really fun on the commercial, and I already had the weights, so I ordered it. I was very disappointed when I could stay on the thing. I kept falling off.

I have lost a total of 13lbs since Feb, and 8 of them since August. With winter around the conner, my days of riding bike and walking are just about over. So I'm thinking about trying the Firm again.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Has anyone had luck with the Firm?
Does anyone like it?

Note: I'm really really bad at following videos. They go so fast, and I'm always concerned about my form.

Thanks for your imput!

Replies

• gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I also bought the firm years ago and never really used it. I just recently pulled it out. I use the weights with other workouts. I also went through the book that came with it to see some of the exercises. As for keeping up with the videos that's what pause is for. :smile: I understand what you say about form though. Sometimes when I try a new workout I try to get the form right and end up more sore than if I would just do it. If you have Direct TV it has the FIT TV Channel and it has some really good workouts. I just DVR them and I can pause if i need to.
  • joelfan
    Options
    Collagevideo.com is a great source for workout videos. If your worried about following them, Leslie Sansone has some great walking videos where you can get a great workout with just a few very basic steps. I have several of hers ranging from 2 to 4 miles. For some of them I use 2 lb hand weights. You can view clips from the videos on Collage or Youtube. Or sometimes your local library has exercise videos or dvds so you can try them for free. Collage has an easy return policy also.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    yes I do have direct tv. I'll have to check it out. It just seems a waste, since the firm I have like 4 dvds, and then the wave came with one or two as well. Oh well this happens! But incorporating the weights from the firm is a great idea!
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    I was a fan, back before they even had the transfirmation system. I haven't tried The Wave, but one thing about The Firm is that their workouts are meant to be challenging. I agree with past posters that the pause button is your friend when you're starting out and even when you've been doing it awhile. You are going to fumble and bumble and if I remember correctly they even recommend not using weights until you get the form and are comfortable with the footwork. If you keep at it, the workouts do become easier and you will see results.
  • ktyang04
    Options
    I love the wave. After awhile, it's not that hard to stand on it. It really helps with balance. It's is fun and energetic. When I exercise to video, all I do is the firm. But on days when I am super lazy, I just do walk away the pounds. Give it another shot, you'll fall in love with it.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I Love the FIRM I have seen the best results with them. give it a try make sure you are eating healthy to.