2 bay leaves
1/4 cup tomato sauce
4 plantains, peeled and sliced into strips
3 eggs
2 Tbs milk
2 cups white shredded cheese
vegetable oil
salt & pepper

You need 1 lb of ground beef. I preffer lean ground beef.
Mince 3 cloves of garlic, dice 1 onion, 1 green pepper and 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
Toss it all into the bowl with the ground beef.
Add 2 tsp of adobo (you can use salt and pepper), 2 tsp of oregano, 2 Tbs of vinegar and 1 envelope of Sazón. You can find Sazón in an Latin grocery or in the ethnic aisle of your grocery. Just how you would do ground beef for spagguetti or lasagna.
Heat a heavy skillet at a medium-high heat with 2 Tbs of olive oil. Toss in your beef. When the beef is cooked and you get some juiciness add the bay leaves, and 1/4 cup of tomato sauce. Combine well and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Then remove from heat and set aside. Now step 2. Get yourself 4 really ripe plantains. They look like they are going bad don’t they? Well this is how you want them, because this is when they are at their sweetest. Peel your plantains. Slice them into long strips. Heat a large skillet with vegetable oil, just enough to cover the bottom of your pan. Fry the plantains till they are a golden and just a little crispy. Now take a square pan and butter it up. Your first layer is plantain. Then toss some ground beef over the plantains. Then a fist full or about 1 cup mexican cheese. Repeat the process, you want to finish with plantains and cheese on top. Then take 3 eggs and beat them. Pour the egg evenly over the the dish, let it sit for a few minutes allow the egg to soak in. You cab sprinkle more cheese on top.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

That is how Puerto Ricans do lasagna!!!!!!! Mmmm!

Replies

• waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    YUM!!! What kind of plaintains do you use? Green or yellow? I am definitely making this for my Colombian husband and kids!
  • IdaBetances
    IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member
    Yellow...Riped plantains...It's delicious!
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    HA! After reading the recipe a 2nd time, I realize that you stated that already. Thanks! I will try this!
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    It's delicious!! My mother also makes it without the tomato sauce.
This discussion has been closed.