HARD TO GET BACK ON TRACK

Options
I've just came home from a fabulous 3 week holiday in Goa and gained around 8 lbs, which I am fine with, but now that I am home I am finding it very hard to get back on track to loose the 24 lbs or so still to go. I have been logging in my food diary, even on the days I go over, but thought a little post in here too would give me a kick up the bum I need to get back to it.

Any tips would be lovely too .

Replies

• silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i have really struggled too ever since christmas! i've been flicking around between 5:2, increased weight training, different levels of calorie deficit but nothing is sticking. i think because though i've put weight on, i haven't gone up a dress size so i'm still pretending it's fine...

well today i decided to go back on track, forget the 5:2 (which was just making me binge on '5' days) and go back to the start, calorie counting and exercise. it's the only way that works for me really.

good luck re-finding the track :)
  • mattw926
    mattw926 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you need friends to encourage you and keep you on track, add me. I am a firm believer in team work. It really has helped me so far.
  • khkjkk
    khkjkk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It always helps me to remember how good I feel on the days I eat right and make it to the gym. Helps to give me a little push to get back on track.
  • Sarah_828
    Sarah_828 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem coming back home after my trip to Disney World. It's hard to go back to plain veggies and yogurt after a week of rich, delicious food, but you just have to jump back in! I forced myself to go right back into my routine, not give myself the post-vacation-vacation to catch back up. You can do it!
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I was having the same issue. I looked to my friends and got some advice. That gave me the extra push. Maybe try setting a challenge for yourself for 30 days. Put a calendar up by your bed and mark off the days you do it. I started C25K and I have been doing great knowing I have a challenge to complete. There are also free 30daychallenges.com challenges you can try. Just something to pump you up. Once you start to achieve it, you will be more confident and wanting to do more. :)