Skinny Saturday Challenge....Jump on in everyone!!!

Options
:flowerforyou: Do you need a weekend boost? I sure do! :blushing: Many times the weekend is a challenge to get through and we end up undoing everything we worked so hard for through the week. :sad: Take the Skinny Saturday Challenge and finish your weekend with a smile on your face! :bigsmile: Here's what it entalis:

Think double, double, double! :happy: :happy:
Double your exercise~ :tongue: :tongue:
Double your water intake (within healthy limits)~ :drinker: :drinker:
Double your willpower to stop eating after dinner and log every tidbit that crosses those lips! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:happy: Just let us know now if you are in....then check in and out when you can tomorrow to let us know how it is going and encourage someone else. Grab a buddy and make the commitment! :heart: There is power in numbers....I know one thing for sure.....

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IN! :bigsmile:

Bring it on Mr. Saturday!!! :laugh: :bigsmile:

Replies

• SunshineAKA08
    Options
    I love it! :smile:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try my darndest, but I will be out of town for my uncle's funeral. So I will see what I can get done while I'm away. :happy:
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Sure, the grass needs cutting, anyways! lol
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I'll be Skinny Saturdaying off line, but I will be in the game!! GO get it girls!!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I will give it another try. Only thing I have to lose is more calories!

Bring it on.

Saturday is usually a no workout day for me but I'm willing to get something in.

Let's do this together everyone, thanks for starting the thread.

Karen
  • katschy
    Options
    I'm in - I can use the extra exercise after a day like today! :D
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I need a challenge to keep me motivated, so gonna give it a whirl! DOUBLE TROUBLE!
  • sutehi
    sutehi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Me me me = IN! We'll be picking my bike up from the shop (now with RSI-sympatheitc grips & shifters), so I think I see a long ride in my future!

Pompoms are out for everybody participating =D
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need this. I just started my new diet this week and haven't been as good as I should've.

Weekends are so hard because I'm home and around so many good foods. We're planning on smoking beef brisket and ribs tomorrow!!! And I need to behave! And finding time to ever workout on the weekend is almost impossible.

I feel challenged to find a way to do this tomorrow :)
  • SweetPandora
    Options
    It' Saturday ladies - let's rock this!

Karen
  • malpal0111
    malpal0111 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am totally in on this challenge! I had a bad week--got sick, did no exercise, and ate too many comfort foods. I'm finally feeling better and this is the PERFECT push to get me back on that horse! Let's do it ladies! :)
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: OK! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we come Mr. Saturday! No sleeping in and pancakes for us! What is your gameplan team?

:tongue: I plan on doing some sweating with a cardio dvd. Then I will hit the mat for Pilates, my favorite. I will use it as a reward for getting the cardio in....it is all psychology! If I double my exercise I will have some calories to play with later on. Planning is everything!:wink:

:drinker: Water, water, water! How do you like it? I like mine icey-cold with a twist of lemon. I am chilling it now so I can guzzle all day!

:flowerforyou: What's for dinner? We don't want to blow it with dinner out on Saturday night. Planning is everything. We are going to a friends for a cookout. I will eat a healthy snack with fiber and protein before I go so I won't be tempted to overeat. Also, drinks and appetizers add so many calories. I will limit myself to 1-2 glasses of wine and stick to raw veges for appetizers if available.

:heart: :heart: It is a beautiful day in the midwest - a great day for outdoor exercise if that is what you love. :glasses: Go for it team! Have an awesome day! Don't forget to check in and out to let us know how it is going and encourage a new buddy!:heart::heart:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Got out of the house at 8am and completed a 80 minute combination walk/run. My normal routine would have been 40 minutes. I am 33.8 ounces into my 128 ounces of water allotment for the day and it is only 9:40, so should be able to accomplish that too. Glad to get my exercise out of the way! Have a dinner party that I am cooking for tonight; unfortunately the bday "boy" requested lasagna, so I won't be eating the main course; but will have a lovely salad and some roasted eggplant, tomatoes and onions to fill up on! Good luck to everyone on their Skinny Saturday Challenge!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I'm ready!!

I've already went on a 3.5mile walk this morning and plan on some more 30 day shred today for sure. Not sure what else the day will bring just yet. :ohwell:

I broke my 28oz water bottle yesterday :sad: , but Mom saved the day and gave me a 32oz one :bigsmile:

So I'm down 32oz so far :drinker: See ya later all!!
  • sutehi
    sutehi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Everybody who's checked in so far has done amazing! I've just finished an hour bike ride (my first in a few months, so yay me!!) It killed me, but feels so good *now*. I'm going to get in some yoga later this evening, and we'll see what else =D

Water, water, water -- thou art my downfall. I've had oodles of green tea today, but only one glass of water so far. I'm reading about how much the rest of you have drunk, and I'm inspired to catch up. So thank you!

Holton, that roasted eggplant sounds delish! We may have to do that sometime this week. I'm so sad that summer is past, and there's no more eggplant in the garden.
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    So far I've walked 6miles today and level 2 day 2 30 day shred. Ive had 12 8oz glasses and I have 2 20oz bottles just in case I need them while I'm out tonight. So far I've burned 852 ish :) Keep up the great job all!
  • SweetPandora
    Options
    WOW! Awesome job everyone that has checked in so far! Congrats for all your efforts!

I'm going to keep it positive.

I managed to drink 14 - 8oz cups of water and I got in a 60 minute walk. I'm not looking at it as a fail as I did give it my best on a Saturday full of errands.

This was my second Skinny Challenge so they say third time is a charm! :wink:

Karen
  • mykaar74
    Options
    well i'm late with joining but this gives me something to look forward to & it will keep me motivated to not just laze around this Saturday since I will be off
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome job everyone that has checked in so far! Congrats for all your efforts!

I'm going to keep it positive.

I managed to drink 14 - 8oz cups of water and I got in a 60 minute walk. I'm not looking at it as a fail as I did give it my best on a Saturday full of errands.

This was my second Skinny Challenge so they say third time is a charm! :wink:

Karen

This postive attitude is contagious! Thanks for rooting us on Karen!

:happy: I am so glad I got my exercise and water in yesterday early on. It kept me focused and I still came in under cals after a fabulous dinner at a friend's home. Appetizers usually kill me so I was glad to see boiled shrimp. Had 5 and felt satisfied. All in all I will call it a Skinny Saturday! Hope to see you all on the Skinny Wed. Challenge! Here is to a great week! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • malpal0111
    malpal0111 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great job, everyone and thanks for the challenge! It really motivated me to get back on track after a rough week.

I did the usual 35 minute walk home from work, did the Jillian Micheals Shape Up video, and then went for another 45 minute walk, however only managed to get in 10 glasses of water.......the water is always a struggle for me, but at least 10 is more than the usual six.

I'm not sure if I could handle this challenge every week, but it was an awesome way to get myself back on the health horse. :)

Keep on keepin' on everyone and have a fantasticly healthy week!