Setting Calories - HELP

Options
jlynnm70
jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
Ok from being on the boards I think that MFP has my calories too low - so I went in adjusted some settings- I can't seem to get it to come out where it should be.

Several ways make it 1200, which you all have said is LOW, so I did some research and then when I changed from 1# per week to 1/2# week it jumped over 250 calories. I don't think that is right either - I think it should be around 1350 - not 1450 based on the calcs I did on Scooby and a few other sites.

Is there a way to manually set the calories - or do I just try to hit 1350 and come in under every day????? HELP

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    MFP sets your calories based on weekly weight loss goal and what you set your activity level at...sedentary etc.

For me to lose 1lb a week MFP set me at 1380 and I lost 1lb a week. Esp if i ate my calories from exercise and weighed my food.

Scooby is an estimate just like MFP is.

But if you want to set them yourself go to goals, change goals and go to custom and set them there.
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Go into Goals, scroll down and change goals and use the custom setting (rather than letting MFP do it). You can manually enter whatever you feel your calorie goal should be.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I know everything is an estimate - and I was trying to 'raise' them some - but the MFP autosetting seemed to jump MORE than I was willing to go - at least yet. I've been at 1200 for a while and it was working, but a bit difficult. Everyone recommended relooking at the goal on Scooby - which came in at 1333 - that seemed reasonable to me - as sometimes I was going over anyway.

I just couldn't make the screen in here say what I wanted it too- I knew there had to be a way to set it custom but I just didn't know how to get it there- as I know people change their macros and stuff all the time.

Thanks for the help. I'm gonna try this for a while, see if I keep losing. If not - adjust - after all it's a numbers game!