losing weight...a journey not a sprint

Options
It took me a long time to come to terms with this, but if you think about it you didnt put the weight on overnight so its not going to come off overnight.... it took me 2.5 month to lose my first 10 pounds I am very proud of my accomplishment, this is the first time I have been under 190 in YEARS... and the first month or so was very frusterating, id lose a few pounds only to gain it back the next week....however this is a journey, a marathon, not a sprint... I have learned lesson along the way that will help me to continue my journey and will help me overcome the plateaus and set backs along the way.... enjoy the journey and be grateful for every day because everyday is a baby step towards a happier healthier you.

Replies

• rach503
    rach503 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 10 pound weight loss, that's fantastic!!! Keep up the work and continue being patient, you'll get there!!! :)
  • schonsdragon
    schonsdragon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 10 pound loss!

Going slow is the best way because you learn what works for you and make each change part of your new lifestyle.
  • brionysharpx
    Options
    Well done, so good! Slow and steady is definately the best way to lose weight and make it stay off, keep it up :)