That's one bad kittty...

Options
CassandraBurgos83
CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
Sorry, but this cracked me up :)

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/911-call-reveals-ore-family-held-hostage-fat-135526176--abc-news-topstories.html

ABC News' Mosheh Gains reports:

A Portland family was forced to hide in a bedroom and call 911 after they say they were terrorized by their 22-pound pet cat.

"I have a kind of particular emergency here," Portland resident Lee Palmer can be heard telling a 911 dispatcher during the 911 call.

"I kicked the cat in the rear and it has went off over the edge and we aren't safe around the cat," Palmer said. "We're trapped in our bedroom and he won't let us out of our door."

The cat, a black-and-white Himalayan named Lux, reportedly attacked a 7-month-old baby in the home.

Palmer and his girlfriend, Teresa Barker, say the cat turned violent after their son, Jesse, pulled its tail on Sunday.

"He was on top of the fridge, and then when something like that turns around and follows you, you're kinda getting backed up," said Barker, according to local ABC affiliate KATU. "it's kind of a small space in here, so yeah, it was very frightening."

Palmer told the 911 dispatcher that the cat, who could be heard hissing in the background, was charging the bedroom door.

Police were able to capture the cat, who first jumped on top of the refrigerator to try to escape them, with a snare and then put him in a crate.

"The cat did not want to get back in the cage, that was for sure," Officer Timothy Bocciolatt told KATU. "He wanted to be free at that point."

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    They learned a valuable lesson....you don't KICK THE KITTY....you only pet it and love it
    Yup.

Sounds to me like they weren't treating the cat very well or teaching their child how to treat the cat.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Poor cat. He's dealing with a major life change, a baby yanked on his tail, and then he got kicked for defending himself. ****ty owners, IMO.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    And since they're ****ty owners, they'll probably have it put to sleep. Hopefully someone good will take it instead.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I'm just blown away that this is national news.... When there are much more pressing issues that people should be aware of :huh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm just blown away that this is national news.... When there are much more pressing issues that people should be aware of :huh:
    Because we can only follow one news story at a time, of course.
  • Haltermania
    Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    The cat should have sprayed them to mark its territory because obviously the cat owns them now
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Hopefully the cat doesn't get put down now for defending itself, seems like it was traumatized so maybe more harm that was stated in the article was done to it?

Edit: Nevermind just watched the video and saw that the family decided to give the cat a second chance.
  • branflakes1980
    Options
    Because we can only follow one news story at a time, of course.

LOL! Because that's what I said for sure!! Does somebody need a hug??
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That made me laugh out loud too! I heard the clip of the 911 call. I would have laughed if I was the person taking that guy's call.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    They should have the cat taken away from them and never allowed to own so much as a goldfish. They've already proven themselves incompetent pet owners and it sounds like they're on their way to being incompetent parents too.
  • branflakes1980
    Options
    Hopefully the cat doesn't get put down now for defending itself, seems like it was traumatized so maybe more harm that was stated in the article was done to it?

Edit: Nevermind just watched the video and saw that the family decided to give the cat a second chance.

Which is what I think confuses me the most. If the cat was first of all kicked for going all spawn of satan on the kid and then was scary and life threatening enough to warrant a 9-1-1 call, why on earth would they keep it. Something doesn't add up :noway:

ETA that I don't think I would be able to not laugh at this man if I was the 9-1-1 dispatcher!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    While I agree that kicking the kitty is not the best solution here, I really can't side with the cat. If you've ever known any truly evil cats, neither would you. My mother's cat is completely psycho. He hates me and I have no clue why. I feed him, I try to pet him, I talk to him, etc. All he does is stare me down, hiss at me for no reason and try to attack my feet/legs when I walk by him. He even full on attacked me once when Mom was gone on a trip and I stopped by to feed him - I still have a scar on my foot to prove it where one of his canines made a hole in my skin.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    What I want to know is - the behind the scenes chatter of the 911 operators when the call came in!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    <
    Don't mess with us
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    That made me laugh out loud too! I heard the clip of the 911 call. I would have laughed if I was the person taking that guy's call.

My thought too, a 22 lb. cat holds two adults hostage and causes the male to call 911? What kind of a guy is he? Pass the broom, I'll back this cat up.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Cats aren't evil. Cats are territorial, and excellent communicators. The problem most people have with cats is that they treat cats like dogs. Cats aren't dogs, and they don't respond like dogs.
  • mondriantree
    mondriantree Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone needs a visit from Jackson Galaxy
    http://jacksongalaxy.com/my-cat-from-hell/
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    They should have the cat taken away from them and never allowed to own so much as a goldfish. They've already proven themselves incompetent pet owners and it sounds like they're on their way to being incompetent parents too.

This was my thought as well.

1319739621_baby_starts_fight_with_cat.gif
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong that I kind of want this to happen more often?