6 week body program

southernletteXO
southernletteXO Posts: 20
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone seen this on TV lately? I was watching it and thinking about maybe trying it but I wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion on it or if they've tried it.

Opinions?

Replies

• coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 116 Member
    The exercise videos that came with mine are good. I didn't particularly like the "diet" that they included because it is much more of the same " you can't have this and you can't have that" and I just don't do well on those types of things. And I didn't think it was as simple as they made it look. I have had better luck with MFP. :smile: Good luck with which ever you choose!!
  • If you are talking about the 6 week body makeover..I tried it. Did not do excersises, but followed the food plan for a while...seemed to have worked, but the food is so bland and pretty repetetive..so easy to fall off if you are not totally comitted
  • I have a friend doing it and I did it with her for a week. The food is so bland and the calories are under 800. She is losing like crazy but if she goes off for a weekend she gains a lot back.
  • also in mho it is important that whatever food plan you do , you do one that will teach you to eat foods that you can eat for the rest of your life. Youll learn to make healthy choices and enjoy what you are eating. We are in this for a lifetime
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    My sister is doing this now and it is really her example that made me start my weight loss trek. She only has 20 or so pounds to lose and its working very well for her.

I am taking a few things from her plan and incorporating it into mine. I really like the 6 meals that they advocate and I do think how they combine the food is helpful as well.

I am now eating the 6 meals - breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack - and I'm amazed at how I really have no cravings and am never hungry! Plus I'm eating really healthy, super good food. I combine my foods the way she does but I'm not limiting to the certain foods that they limit themselves too. I'm just making healthy choices.

It is a very expensive program in my opinion and for me, would not be easy to follow properly due to the restrictions.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    I did it the first time 6 years ago and lost 45lbs in 8 weeks. Couldn't handle it any longer. I managed to keep 25 of that off for 3 years. High stress life happened and I gained it all back plus another 20 because I skipped meals (sometimes a full day) and ate what ever happened to be at hand when I stopped moving long enough. I trashed my metabolism over a course of 3 years. I tried it again a couple years ago and lost 25 in 6 weeks. Plateaued, and stayed there, gave up after week 8. Again, too restrictive and repetative. It all came back plus another 10. Both times I was very cranky and short on temper (think PMS on steroids). Lost hair by the hand full. Was always tired. My blood pressure dropped too low and my blood sugar would bottome out and I would get very very dizzy nearly passing out if I didn't eat within the 4 hour limit. My skin got very dry and itchy and no lotion would help. The web site was not very supportive, if you messed up even a tiny bit they tore you up.

So here I am on MFP where I can do it a healthy way. I can eat what ever I want, I can do exercise on my schedule, and I don't have anyone telling me I am not doing it right. I have options, I can get others opinions, I am not losing my hair! I am not cranky or hungry or tired. People are supportive here. I can live with this!
This discussion has been closed.